• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Dad's New Car (first pics inside)

Really, the R was the only one with seat memory? The driver's seat in my girlfriend's 93 940T has a memory seat.

Lexus SUV UGHH....

That's pretty funny about the door sill plate. My mom does that, too, like if she gets a new microwave or whatever, she never takes the film off. I think she does it on purpose.

Greg

Question by Greg Wong:

Greg Wong said:
I don't get that stuff. I mean, a mom with 2 kids who babied the car, why is she driving around in a V70R? You know what I am saying? Why didn't she get a V70GLT or something, it would probably have had better low end torque for all her city driving, and better gas mileage. She needs AWD for what... all the snow in the Bay area??? Maybe they bought it because it was the top of the line, because that makes so much sense.

Answer by Greg Wong:

Greg Wong said:
That's great for your dad, because he's got a kick ass car now that has been babied so far. I love that car, I'm just glad that now someone will actually DRIVE it.

Why not. The next in line gets a nice vehicle that was barely broken in, for far less...:)

Greg Wong said:
Really, the R was the only one with seat memory? The driver's seat in my girlfriend's 93 940T has a memory seat.

Lexus SUV UGHH....

That's pretty funny about the door sill plate. My mom does that, too, like if she gets a new microwave or whatever, she never takes the film off. I think she does it on purpose.

Greg

Yeah, my 1992 960 has seat memory as well.

780 Bertones rocked memory seats from their creation...although most of them probably no longer work :roll:

V6 Man said:
What happened to its rear spoiler?

It appears that the US market got a 'soft' version of the V70R - near standard model ride height, smaller swaybars, 16" wheels, auto only, etc.

Regardless, I still think its a nice car, regardless of market.

yeah compared to a uk V70R it looks way tame. this is what a stock UK one looks like, notice the much lower ride hieght and rear spoiler. (taken form a sold UK ebay auction)

e6_3.JPG

CIMG1391.jpg

I've seen ones with wings here... and my dad wants a wing on it. So he'll probably get one.

The seat memory works perfectly on the 960. Goes all the way, each way.

it's not just wings, we're talking,

all auto's,higher softer suspension, smaller wheels as stock.

i wonder what else they don't get that the overseas R's get stock.

ravennexus said:
it's not just wings, we're talking,

all auto's,higher softer suspension, smaller wheels as stock.

i wonder what else they don't get that the overseas R's get stock.

Volvo just loves screwing the US market over on all the cool stuff.....

It's not just the V70R's, like how not a single turbocharged 850 with a 5spd was sold in the US.

it's just that your US market probably considers what you get as the R model to be sporty.

the whole world knows the US as the place where you don't have to go around bends, so they sell there models accordingly. if they tried that **** here in the Uk they'd get spanked and volvo would go back to having the image they had in the 80's, which was that people who bough volvos' were old people or antique dealers.

The difference in ride height may be explained by the fact that this car is an 'AWD' model which came with a higher ride height than the FWD cars.

There's still no excuse for the lack of spoiler and small wheels though.............

Back