• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

The Dumbest Mods On TB!

amargill19?

Barry McCockiner
Post your own mod that you think is dumb, or nominate another member's dumb mod.

You can also use examples of mods done to other cars too!

Being in the showroom, pics are required!!

I'll start with mine:

+Noise airbox mod. Very useless mod here, makes a bit of noise when you're on the throttle like an intake would, except it's not very loud.

I'm not quite sure why I haven't cut the front section completely out yet :e-shrug:

IMGP0612.jpg

yhulothar
IMGP0613.jpg

okay maybe not dumb,

how about silly?

stupid?

useless (like mine) ?

edit: just read the above and below post properly :lol:

IM BEING SERIAL HERE GUYS
goshhh

electric superchargers?

tornado fuel savers?

who was the guy that used like sheet metal from a gutter for an upper chassis brace??

http://www.sonic.net/~kyle/242/show/train.mpg
put a kid's train whistle on my BOV.

...except it wasn't a BOV, it was a CBV, which meant it was open except in boost. Which meant it whistled all the time.

...and it was restrictive enough that it caused surge.

...and it dirtied up my kids' toy. ... then again, it kept the little bastards from blowing it inside the house and giving me a headache. I'll call that an win.

//edit, watching that boost gauge made me cry :cries: I miss my GTurbo. :cries:^2

http://www.sonic.net/~kyle/242/show/train.mpg
put a kid's train whistle on my BOV.

...except it wasn't a BOV, it was a CBV, which meant it was open except in boost. Which meant it whistled all the time.

...and it was restrictive enough that it caused surge.

...and it dirtied up my kids' toy. ... then again, it kept the little bastards from blowing it inside the house and giving me a headache. I'll call that an win.

//edit, watching that boost gauge made me cry :cries: I miss my GTurbo. :cries:^2

awesome, so two examples after a handfull of posts..

Megasquirt? Can I say that?

Kidding, kidding, call off your dogs.

Most of the mods I have half finished are whats dumbest... half a car alarm, half a carpc, half power locks, etc etc.

For finished ones I'd say my walbro 255hp coupled to my 14psi regulated TBI kinda counts... sort of like using a firehose as a drinking fountain.

M.

Last edited:
Back