• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

+T question..injectors and various intake/IC hoses

thismachine13

All turbo parts were procured from an '87 760 turbo sedan (Garrett T3) and are going on an '89 245. I've been reading the +T guide....

http://forums.turbobricks.com/showpost.php?p=4480717&postcount=37

...and it has been very helpful but I have a couple of specific questions.

1. I've pulled a set of 16v fuel injectors from a '90 740 16v wagon. I'm finding limited info on the flow etc for these injectors. Will these flow enough for my turbo swap? I don't plan on going crazy with boost etc. Adding an A cam and the +T for now. Are they low impedence or high impedence?

2. The various hoses from this car were pretty ragged and I'll like to replace all of them. Since I'm going from 760 to 245 should I just get the various hoses for the 7 series or are there certain hoses that would benefit me to get as 240 specific?

Thanks!

What are the color and numbers on those injectors?

Hoses are kind of a crap shoot because of the broad combination or turbos, intercoolers, and car series' so it's not as simple as buy this hose. My advice here (if you're replacing anyhow) would be to go to silicone intakes or wherever... buy the necessary couplers, and get hardpipes for the rest.

The 16v injectors are to small for use besides starting and idling. You want at least stock turbo sized injectors. 29-32lb/hr is a good start for a stock car.

As for hoses are you talking about turbo hoses? IC and such? Just go new hose wise as they are fairly cheap and good insurance to make sure you do not have issues with leaks right away.

go back and get the head off the 16v car, and sell it to fund the rest of the +T swap

What are the color and numbers on those injectors?

Hoses are kind of a crap shoot because of the broad combination or turbos, intercoolers, and car series' so it's not as simple as buy this hose. My advice here (if you're replacing anyhow) would be to go to silicone intakes or wherever... buy the necessary couplers, and get hardpipes for the rest.

Saw the silicone set.........spendy but better than the URO junk sold through Rockauto. Just get the set for the 760?

Not sure why I didn't grab the injectors that were on the car. I'll go back and grab those. A duh moment for sure.

Eh, if you grab the injectors from that car you'll have to wire in the resistor pack. If possible, I'd grab 5 cylinder turbo injectors from an 850 or something. Those flow similarly I believe and they are a direct drop in with no wiring mods necessary.

Eh, if you grab the injectors from that car you'll have to wire in the resistor pack. If possible, I'd grab 5 cylinder turbo injectors from an 850 or something. Those flow similarly I believe and they are a direct drop in with no wiring mods necessary.

This.

I grabbed some from a turbo s60 for my +t . . . They work nicely. Also there's loads of s60s at the jyard, and the injectors are easy to get too.

2. The various hoses from this car were pretty ragged and I'll like to replace all of them. Since I'm going from 760 to 245 should I just get the various hoses for the 7 series or are there certain hoses that would benefit me to get as 240 specific?

Thanks!
Some options here:
You can piece together generic silicone couplers like EivlEvo. suggested
You can get replacement rubber charge pipe connectors on Rock Auto (follow what was on the 760).
A do88 silicone kit is also available but $$.

The 16v injectors are to small for use besides starting and idling. You want at least stock turbo sized injectors. 29-32lb/hr is a good start for a stock car.

As for hoses are you talking about turbo hoses? IC and such? Just go new hose wise as they are fairly cheap and good insurance to make sure you do not have issues with leaks right away.

Grabbed the injectors from the '98 S80 Turbo.....red injectors that flow 30lb/hr. Right in the middle of where you suggest.

Back