• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1993 Volvo 940 air conditioning pod

moedmus

does anybody know where I can sourse the pods for a 1993 Volvo 940 need the pods that move the doors by vacuum

I'm assuming you need the disk shaped bellows that actuate the flaps. I'm also going to assume you don't have the unit with auto temp control

Looks like you need (3) three of 9463042 and (1) one of 9463041. VIDA is showing they are NLA. :please:

SpztwrD.png

Nla = not available?....someones got to have them

No... Someone doesn't HAVE to have them.

they were a GM part. You can try tracking them down, but good luck. The one that fails is usually a "dual action" actuator. It controls the Vent/Heat (foot) on 7/9's. Unless you find one, you're probably going to end up sticking a golf tee in the vacuum hose and just deal with it.

Ok sticking the golf tee in the line does what keeps it stationarydoes it keep the door stationary open so instead of while I'm driving and hit the gas and loses vacuum and the door closes I'm not getting cold air through the vents

Ok sticking the golf tee in the line does what keeps it stationarydoes it keep the door stationary open so instead of while I'm driving and hit the gas and loses vacuum and the door closes I'm not getting cold air through the vents

Correct. It prevents the 2-way actuator from switching the "mode" (vent vs. floor) due to vacuum loss.

IF you can't find a working actuator, there is a thread here about a user that plumbed in a vacuum sensor that would actuate a vacuum pump if it sensed pressure instead of vacuum. In that way, even if a turbo car goes into boost, there would never be a lack of vacuum.

Back