home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > Mechanical > projects & restorations

Old 05-12-2018, 09:10 AM   #1
Myk3916

Default 83' 242

Hello everyone, I'm Michael and I've owned maybe 10 Volvo's, with the 240, being mostly my fave, my daily driver is a s60, and I've done a bit of customising.

Anyways this post is about my 242 that I just recovered, it was stolen over 2 years ago and believe it or not I recovered it in a majority of One Piece, I guess it was buried in somebody's yard for a couple years until code enforcement decided to Force these people to clean up their act.

I have started a YouTube series on this vehicle, and I will be doing a lot of footage, restoring and customizing... Here's the link: https://youtu.be/roAyDDsXxws

That link is to part 1, I've actually got part 2 recorded I just haven't edited it yet.

The most work that has to be done is to the driver side rear quarter panel which has a little bit of cancer and damage, everything else is in really good condition.

Anyways I hope you guys follow along and all I will be around!!

-Michael
Myk3916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 12:48 PM   #2
Vol242vo
Board Member

Right on congrats on getting her back. That’s awesome to hear!
Old 05-12-2018, 06:02 PM   #3
Myk3916

First on the list of things to do is replace the motor mounts, cause one is completely gone and the Driveline is smacking the underside, they stole the cat off it, so I already welded strait pipe in, so it's not loud, and I'm in a no smog state, so until I get her back up and running I guess I'll have a few extra horse lol...

After that on the picture I uploaded I'll be fixing the body, it's a little messy, but I believe she was tagged by a grandma in a parking lot, so I'm gonna take her to bare metal and straighten her out, I already took a bit off to see how bad it's gonna be, but doesn't look like it's gonna be too hard, other than the picture damage, the body is damn near perfect!

I'm thinking about doing some body kit stuff to her, but that's after all the mechanical work is done and she has a perfect engine and interior is plush.

I'm looking for a pre-bent roll cage, I remember there was a company in Florida that sold them, but they were bolt in, I believe I want a weld in cage. Maybe I might have to do my own cage?

I'm working this entire week so... As much as I want to work on her, it's gonna have to wait...
Old 05-20-2018, 01:18 AM   #4
Myk3916

Okay guys I just uploaded part 2 today... It's actually a long story and eventually I am going to have to do a narrated video about the history in between me and this car... Thus far has been to Hell and back, anyways just thought I'd post an update because I spent all day editing video and working on the car...

Part 2
https://youtu.be/PjvZAQsyg7U

Still Thinking about doing a complete restoration video series