• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

83' 242

Myk3916

Hello everyone, I'm Michael and I've owned maybe 7 Volvo's, with the 240, being mostly my fave, my daily driver is a s60, and I've done a bit of customising.

Anyways this post is about my 242 that I just recovered, it was stolen over 2 years ago and believe it or not I recovered it in a majority of One Piece, I guess it was buried in somebody's yard for a couple years until code enforcement decided to Force these people to clean up their act.

I have started a YouTube series on this vehicle, and I will be doing a lot of footage, restoring and customizing... Here's the links:

Part 1
https://youtu.be/roAyDDsXxws

Part 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjvZAQsyg7U

Part 3
https://youtu.be/B1ZlSnSm3Gw

TODO List:

[X] Get Running Again
[X] Fix Motor mounts
[X] Street Legal License and Registration
[/] Fix Quarter Panel (Note: in body shop now)
[ ] Fix up for Weekend Driver Car
[ ] LS SWAP
[ ] Interior Final Work
[ ] Exterior Work
[ ] Paint

LATEST PIC UPDATE
IMG-20191104-080742.jpg

Anyways I hope you guys follow along and all I will be around!!

-Michael

Last edited:
First on the list of things to do is replace the motor mounts, cause one is completely gone and the Driveline is smacking the underside, they stole the cat off it, so I already welded strait pipe in, so it's not loud, and I'm in a no smog state, so until I get her back up and running I guess I'll have a few extra horse lol...

After that on the picture I uploaded I'll be fixing the body, it's a little messy, but I believe she was tagged by a grandma in a parking lot, so I'm gonna take her to bare metal and straighten her out, I already took a bit off to see how bad it's gonna be, but doesn't look like it's gonna be too hard, other than the picture damage, the body is damn near perfect!

I'm thinking about doing some body kit stuff to her, but that's after all the mechanical work is done and she has a perfect engine and interior is plush.

I'm looking for a pre-bent roll cage, I remember there was a company in Florida that sold them, but they were bolt in, I believe I want a weld in cage. Maybe I might have to do my own cage?

I'm working this entire week so... As much as I want to work on her, it's gonna have to wait...

Last edited:
Okay guys I just uploaded part 2 today... It's actually a long story and eventually I am going to have to do a narrated video about the history in between me and this car... Thus far has been to Hell and back, anyways just thought I'd post an update because I spent all day editing video and working on the car...

Part 2
https://youtu.be/PjvZAQsyg7U

Still Thinking about doing a complete restoration video series

Okay guys sorry it's been a minute but here is the update!

car has been parked in my driveway for a little over 8 months, after it was safely recovered by the police.

This past weekend I went and did the motor mounts because they were completely dead, and went and got a daily moving permit, got all my inspections done, And now has license plates and is street legal.

MVIMG-20190919-135703-1.jpg

I bought an engine picker, apparently I got the wrong one, the pull arm wasn't long enought to get reach into the engine compartment, but I made it work, I hate doing motor mounts, serious pain, I tried just doing it from underneath and failed, was gonna pay someone to do it, they wanted too much, so got the picker and did it myself!

Rear driver side quarter panel has a little bit of cancer so I put it in a body shop today, I should have it back soon, And I managed to get hands on a rear bumper that I needed, so that's pretty much everything on the outside of the vehicle and that needs to be done until the final paint job.

I'm also considering doing an LS swap, That would be next, then interior, then paint...

That's the plan....

https://ibb.co/NWrt1gX] latest picture

Last edited:
shes beautiful aint she... thanks for the photo post... what image service can i use to post updated pics like that?

So.. the quarter panel job is almost done! Street legal and looking good now! So I added a before and after pictures here, the damage was done before I got the car, and I didn't know how bad it really was til the Bondo cracked and I started to peel it off, it was bad, so I had it professionally cleaned up and straightened, and its currently being primered out, thassive bumper was bent, so I got a new one, the body is clean now!

Ready for custom work to be done after finished...

BEFORE
IMG-20190618-141907-1.jpg

AFTER
IMG-20191104-080742.jpg

IMG-20191203-122424.jpg

Out of the body shop, boy it's shape hasn't looked better since the day it came off the factory line... Had a fuel pump short, fixed it, runs great!!

Possibly looking to sell motor if anyone's interested, it's strong, has the four speed with the overdrive stick shift B-21F or b230?

I'm going to get the sound system working, clean up the interior a little bit, maybe throw some seat covers on considering the driver's seat looks a little mangled, And it's a weekend driver!!

Looking for an engine, thinking 5.7 gm350 or 5.7 hemi...

Back