• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

740 Coilovers

ShadowWhite98

Currently I'm shopping around for coilovers n my '88 740 turbo but haven't had much luck finding much. Any good brands to keep my eye out for? I tend to drive a bit harsh so I need to find a set that can handle the stress

Go with Ben's stuff. I just installed the front coilovers I got from him in my car and holy crap, what a difference! You will not be disappointed with them at all. Not to mention the stuff is well made, so unless I get really stupid (crash), I dont think Ill have much issue. Get the koni race struts to go with them, the adjustability is nice for when your on the street so you dont have such a stiff ride. Ill be doing the rear next weekend.

Like what lverhagen said: Buy once, cry once.

Not to hijack the thread but I got a set of bens coilovers for my 740 wagon front and rear with adjustable camber tops/strut mounts.
What's the best way to make an adjustable panhard bar to improve this setup and should I also get adjustable torque rods or quick steer roll correctives?

Not to hijack the thread but I got a set of bens coilovers for my 740 wagon front and rear with adjustable camber tops/strut mounts.
What's the best way to make an adjustable panhard bar to improve this setup and should I also get adjustable torque rods or quick steer roll correctives?

If your front ride height is stock, you do not need the QSRCs, unless just to quicken steering.

If you have lowered the front, you absolutely need them! The improvement is actually restoration of the OE front roll center. I detailed the entire conversion in a showroom thread.

That should be another tag line for Ben...?buy once, cry once?...his stuff transformed my wagon. Everyone that has driven it echos the same sentiment. No suspension better for a 26 year old car IMO.

Back