• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

New high power 6 speed tranny option

Is it just as huge as the CD00x?

It's the same thing, although there are perhaps a few tiny differences due to a concentric slave vs. a clutch fork/external slave.

On the plus side, you don't have to worry about a JK series being an early weak one, or a later strong one, they're all the later style.

It's the same thing, although there are perhaps a few tiny differences due to a concentric slave vs. a clutch fork/external slave.

On the plus side, you don't have to worry about a JK series being an early weak one, or a later strong one, they're all the later style.

That's cool to know! Yes they are pretty healthy sizewise.

Guys are asking crazy price for used T56 up here as the CD trans can be found for 600~800$ used on a good score. A new CD009 is cheaper than most used T56 :(

Good thing about the T56 is that you can resell the bellhousing alone for 200+ lol.

There's a lot of choice when it comes down to chosing the next "popular" manual swap on our car. I think the CD trans variation will offer a nice smooth shifting feeling and should be available everywhere for a good while. I'll still carry the T5 adapter as it has proven to be a really popular option but I hope to be able to offer different version of CD adapter and shifter relocation kit at an affordable price.

Last edited:
That's cool to know! Yes they are pretty healthy sizewise.

Guys are asking crazy price for used T56 up here as the CD trans can be found for 600~800$ used on a good score. A new CD009 is cheaper than most used T56 :(

Good thing about the T56 is that you can resell the bellhousing alone for 200+ lol.

There's a lot of choice when it comes down to chosing the next "popular" manual swap on our car. I think the CD trans variation will offer a nice smooth shifting feeling and should be available everywhere for a good while. I'll still carry the T5 adapter as it has proven to be a really popular option but I hope to be able to offer different version of CD adapter and shifter relocation kit at an affordable price.

Truthfully my biggest issue with the T5 is that behind a redblock it's great, but when I inevitably blow the damn thing up... putting an LS in front of it puts me right back to the +T/M47 scenario it seems.

If I'm able to put in the CD00X behind the +T and then also behind the LS... it's sort of a staged upgrade type of deal and saves me money in the long run.

yea boy that is what i am talking about :)

I found a rev match 370z trans that would be nice if i could get a Mega squirt to run that feature :nod:

I should be receiving the clutch disc for final measurement later this week then I can start shipping the redblock adapter.

I am starting to think that I will install one sooner or later behind the 5.3 in my 940! While I love the transbrake I love the power delivery of a manual car :oogle:

I'm curious to know how much beating of the transmission tunnel I'll have to do on my 242, because this is really tempting.

I will test fit the setup with the redblock adapter on my 740 soon. We'll have to wait until our friend Dave takes his 242 out to take some measurements on the width of the trans tunnel vs the width of the cd009... Or maybe you could do it on your 242?

Soooo....

I sourced another CDxx tranny from a 2008 G35 today. I went to the seller's place to have a look at it and noticed the marking on the tranny was for a CD5 #1. It also has an internal slave instead of the regular external one.

I came back home and did a little more research on the differences between the internal and external slave version and it appears that the earlier ones have a 100mm OD input shaft bearing. The ones with the internal slave have a 90mm OD bearing.

So this means that the adapter plate would have to be different in order to support the different sized bearing. The bolt pattern for the internal cover looks to be the same.

I'll have Roger-Dee take a look at the CD5 #1 tranny once I get it home.

Collins do ask buyers to specify what type of CD transmission they'll be using before ordering their adapter kit, probably for the reason specified above.

CD0xx:

dAvVHov.jpg

CD5 #1:

V6JQPlF.jpg

Ue5fx78.jpg

BdfbGwC.jpg

People are putting them behind LS motors as well. That's what I'm doing.

I'm curious as to your reasoning behind this. I was looking into the CD009 as a cheaper alternative to a t56 behind an lsx, but between the cost of the transmission itself, a t56 bellhousing, and the adapter plate, the total cost was pretty damn close to just getting a used t56.

I'm curious as to your reasoning behind this. I was looking into the CD009 as a cheaper alternative to a t56 behind an lsx, but between the cost of the transmission itself, a t56 bellhousing, and the adapter plate, the total cost was pretty damn close to just getting a used t56.

The Cd009 shifts way better than any T56 and is probably sturdier also.

Plus, you'll need to buy or have a T56 bellhousing, and flywheel, and clutch and slave either way.

So the cost differential really comes down to the CD009 + adapter plate vs. the T56.

Any word on the later Cd0xx transmissions working with the adapters? I've sourced a trans from an '08 350z for a pretty good price.

I'm picking up a CD#5 from a 2008 G35 next week. The main difference is the input shaft bearing size being OD 90mm for the 2008 CD#5 and 100mm for the 2005/07 CD009. I talked to Roger-Dee about that and the solution will probably be a 90mm ID/100mm OD spacer ring so he'll not have to make a different adapter for the two input shaft bearing sizes..

Those casting numbers on the transmission don't seem to have much of a bearing on the internals. There was a CD005 version, but that's not what a CD#5 casting means.

Those casting numbers on the transmission don't seem to have much of a bearing on the internals. There was a CD005 version, but that's not what a CD#5 casting means.

Sorry.... I meant CD5 #1. That's what is on the internal slave version that was in the 2008 G35/350Z...

You can see it on my April 12th post's pictures...

There are also the JK40C and JK41A/B/etc versions that were used in some late G35/350Z cars, and the G37/370Z cars.

One of the issues I noticed when looking for one to buy was that the G35/350Z transmissions were a little risky to buy. EIther it was being sold as a "KNOWN" CD009 and the marked up a bit ($1000 - $1200) or it was an unknown trans for a more reasonable price, but unless the sticker was intact on it, you wouldn't know if it was a CD009 or any of the earlier, weaker versions. Not really worth taking a gamble on a slightly cheaper trans. (To make it even more confusing, many earlier cars got warranty replacements as they broke, some of them were replaced with newer but not new enough versions, some got the CD009).

But the G37/370Z transmissions, are all the later stronger style. So you can buy a more 'casually' marketed transmission.

Some of the newer versions seem to have an electronic gizmo on the plate on the top/rear of the case (covering the shifter forks) - not sure what that does or if it would be useful for anything (engaged gear signal for boost by gear?): https://www.ebay.com/itm/09-16-niss...448065?hash=item2ccd91d701:g:OeUAAOSwRaRZuhPZ

There are also the JK40C and JK41A/B/etc versions that were used in some late G35/350Z cars, and the G37/370Z cars.

One of the issues I noticed when looking for one to buy was that the G35/350Z transmissions were a little risky to buy. EIther it was being sold as a "KNOWN" CD009 and the marked up a bit ($1000 - $1200) or it was an unknown trans for a more reasonable price, but unless the sticker was intact on it, you wouldn't know if it was a CD009 or any of the earlier, weaker versions. Not really worth taking a gamble on a slightly cheaper trans. (To make it even more confusing, many earlier cars got warranty replacements as they broke, some of them were replaced with newer but not new enough versions, some got the CD009).

But the G37/370Z transmissions, are all the later stronger style. So you can buy a more 'casually' marketed transmission.

Some of the newer versions seem to have an electronic gizmo on the plate on the top/rear of the case (covering the shifter forks) - not sure what that does or if it would be useful for anything (engaged gear signal for boost by gear?): https://www.ebay.com/itm/09-16-niss...448065?hash=item2ccd91d701:g:OeUAAOSwRaRZuhPZ

It could be a similar system used by GM to have the tranny bypass 3rd gear and go to 5th for gas saving purposes?

I can't view pictures right now but that's more than likely the control unit for the "Synchro-Rev" function.

Fake ninja:
Hopped to another connection. Yeah that kinda looks like it. Part# 32050CD80B - SENSOR ASSY-POSITION

Last edited:
Back