• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Going straight / 240 steering "wander"

I've been pulling them forward. Never went back to try pulling them out and forward. Good idea. My bad.

On my old '76 Celica, I put a cam bolt kit on the front lower control arm mount points of the crossmember. Worked fine. Saved the tires a bit. Do we do these on 240's?

Just talking. I'm happy with the car.

Mmmm. AW11

He had two there. Fun cars. Awesome shop.

002-M.jpg

005-M.jpg

003-M.jpg

I offered / she declined. Been a while since we've owned a stick shift.

Remember column shift cars? Always a good time.

Seems unlikely... plausible I suppose.

Made it home from Davis. As the smooth highways of Northern California rolled by and we returned to the wagon wheel ruts of Oregon's studded tire roads, so to the wander returned. Oh well. Not terrible. Just there.

:nod:

Our 64 Buick special wagon had a 310 Wildcat engine, and a three on the tree.

I remember when I was a kid and we borrowed a neighbor's car. Mom climbed behind the wheel, looked at the column and said: "This should be interesting." Like riding a bike. She did great.

Bump! Because i have the same issue and it is annoying.

Stock suspension minus -1.5coil off upfront, balljoints are tight, steering rack is tight, bushings are new or good condition. But when I'm holding the steering wheel in one position on a little wavy road the car starts to wander and i need to "countersteer". Happened on completely smooth highway too and was a bit weird.

Car has working PS, PS balljoints, and also i moved the control arms 6mm forward to gain a little bit more caster. It tracks straight, toe is somewhat good but I did not take the car to an alignment yet.

It sort of feels like the rear end just steers the car with the big rubber trailing arm bushings. Want to go spherical there, do you guys think it will improve the situation?

Last edited:
How much air pressure are you running in your tires? What's size tires and rims? My 235/45/18 kumho v720 grab every ripple and rut in the road, but it's much worse with too much air in the tires, they're only drivable at 28 psi or less. My 195/65/15 also make the car almost comfortable to ride in, but also at around 28psi. I'm on cut springs with Koni s so the ride is very stiff regardless.

How much air pressure are you running in your tires? What's size tires and rims? My 235/45/18 kumho v720 grab every ripple and rut in the road, but it's much worse with too much air in the tires, they're only drivable at 28 psi or less. My 195/65/15 also make the car almost comfortable to ride in, but also at around 28psi. I'm on cut springs with Koni s so the ride is very stiff regardless.

Interesting!
I'm running stock GT rims with 195/60r14 tyres at 2,5bar.

Back