• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Cerebral's Daily 944

kthKe.png

Well, Butler McMaster called back & they got the head set from FCP & the Head Bolts. Only took them 2 days to get em out what a fast free service! So they should have the head finished up this week. I got my parts back from the powder coater guy & i just hit them with some black fleet coat spray paint. They arn't perfect but I think they're good enough for being under the car.

Now I was waiting on the wideband to come in Monday & I was excited to install the worked over head.

BUT :-(:cries::doh::help::doh::bleh::???::???::???: :please:

I pulled the dip stick today to check the oil level.. noticed a couple little shinny flakes on the paper towel. Didn't believe my eyes so I pulled it 4-5 times. Same results... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

What the hell. Drove it to the store & immediately did a lube oil filter.. noticed its blowing a little blue smoke now also. Not sure if I cooked the rings on it with the frozen waste gate arm - or if the turbo is going.. SOO PISSED!!

This sets me back quite a bit - I was hoping to get away with just doing the head and rocking that for some time. NOW i'm pretty sure I've gotta build a new block too :wtf:

GAWD. Getting hammard for the rest of easter.

So been changing the oil every week.. metal shavings getting less and less.. hoping it was residual from the old turbo.

Checked the compression - 180-180-180-178. Turbo feels good too.. no slack..

Likes to lean out under boost and ping.. checked the timing - had 8 degrees of advance (is that ok?)

Haven't done to much else.. got a set of 800cc injectors.. planning to start building the 94 squirter block when I get back from Oregon.

Oh yeah - and I did get that 531 Head back - here's some pictures

20130404153337837.jpg

20130404153348608.jpg

2013040415351518.jpg

20130404153636444.jpg

20130404153519529.jpg

20130404153722352.jpg

20130404153221359.jpg

Last edited:
373diff.jpg

Haven't been doing much with the 940. The trip out to iPd has left me sort of broke so I'm still recouping monnnnnieess..

I did drop the rear end today though - hope to get the 4.10 rear end in it by the weekend. Along with the rear 25mm ipd sway and the lowering springs. New Pads/Rotors/Shoes. Also going to drop the tank & see if I can install one of the larger ones from the later 940 wagons.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Hd8gL0lN8XI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Buttoned up the rear end pieces.. noticeable difference with the 4.11 ^_^

Gotta get a walbro 255 in soon and send off the block. Be neat to hit my 300whp goals.

1993-1994 940 Station Wagon - Look for the sticker on the left side of the axle but pretty sure both years came with it

I gotta figure out the speed sensor - I got a good sensor & re-did the wires going to the axle. It still jumps all around though so I'm thinking its in the cluster =\

Got me another egg crate!!! :-D

Of from the 1991 945 I'm parting out. Heck this egg crate was basically the only reason I bought it! It was new in 2001! Still looks it too!!! SO HAPPY
rksu.jpg

0mae.jpg

Picked up some Bilstein Sport Touring Front Shocks from the 91 945 ^_^ - Way better than the blown out sachs.

okoye said:
Where did youg et the kilen springs from
I bought them on FCP - they were on sale good deal!

Last edited:
<iframe width="480" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/2Aw9bfwINjw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back to building boost - here's s snap of the rear end parts too as I had it on the lift tonight

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/OzsSowIslsA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5ney.jpg

Had a great time killing it in the white mountains..
fuq3.jpg

pbv8.jpg

4q24.jpg

Mission Accomplished.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/b4hpGjI0CfA?list=UU7y4IJBSFJ9-jIiDQR9ggAA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That's neat! :rofl:

I think I have a good idea where all those metal shavings started coming from a few months back :lol: I'm sure cutting off the knock sensor and grounding it out helped speed up the process. Running the 13c at max boost (15-18) didn't help much either.

We can rebuild him!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/MX0D4oZwCsA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Just a little update..

Its getting cold in Maine.. Don't have a shop now so I'm not upto much. I was getting ready to buy a 55" LED TV for Christmas.. and said f**k it, mines well get into the 300whp club this year, and get some of my half started projects finished up.. so I moved in a alternate form of entertainment.

iqft.jpg

dtls.jpg

Havne't done **** - cars are sitting in the yard for 2 years.. getting depressed.. over 2 grand of boxed up parts under my bed.. fuuuuu

Back