home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > Mechanical > projects & restorations

Old 04-04-2010, 10:13 PM   #26
PRVersion
regretting name change

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboBrickMan View Post
I think he made this thread rather confusing as he is talking about two cars in one thread. He still has the 262 which he's going to try to stuff the b28 in as well as the white 245 wagon that he carbed.
negative, the b28 pictured is going to be mated with the carb shown above, and that will go into the wagon with a T-5.

the 262 is sold to a good friend, ensuring that A) i get to drive it now and then and B) i get to deal with things as they break. lucky me.

ok so i pulled the side trim off to do a thorough wash and decided to try something else:

(sorry for crappy cell pic)

am i crazy or does IPD sell a nice vinyl kit to do this with? cause i rather like it, but i don't think the cheap electrical tape will hold on for more than a few more days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vee_Que View Post
Interesting to be wanting to do this. How are you going to move the engine back when the lower block design is so the sump sits in front? Even john hasn't given much away on how to do it as the frenchies used similar setups as well.
umm yeah, i don't know what to do about this. it will probably be easier and cheaper in the long run to just buy a kaplhenke t5 extender/adapter thingy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgothan View Post
accelerate til the last possible moment, then accelerate more...
PRVersion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 12:41 AM   #27
L8 APEKS
Yayayaya, hohohooo!!!

Love the car! Where did you get the TQ rods, and what did they set you back??
'75 244GL (project) :: 8.4 @ 85.6
B230FT|AW71|1031|gutted|TLAO chips|welded 3.73|19T|3" exhaust|IPD cam|E62 blend|55 lb inj. (@ 4 bar)
CLICK HERE for the 244 BUILD THREAD!
BRAND NEW Mitsubishi 18T and 19T turbo conversions for sale...from $450...CLICK HERE or PM for details!
L8 APEKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 03:21 AM   #28
PRVersion
regretting name change

thanks!

the torque rods are off a 90 240, i just pressed the old bushings out, cleaned them up real well in a solvent tank, greased, and pressed the new bushings in. it did change the angle of the rear end a bit, but it moved it more in-line with the driveline. shortly thereafter, the rear-most u-joint went out.

i got the bushings from RSI, they were a few bucks cheaper than IPD.
Old 04-05-2010, 03:38 AM   #29
VQ
Not such a PRVert Anymore

I'm looking into using the BNE m46 to T5 adaptor plate, well I haven't talked to him yet, but I don't see why it won't work as I have an M46 bellhousing and it's upright...

hellastock
Speed Bumps? No Problem.

264 GLE RIP
88 740T wagon
1964 122s

88 760GLE
VQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 03:04 PM   #30
PRVersion
regretting name change

it should work fine, i'm just going with one from RSI out of convenience/supporting my local volvo speed shop.
Old 05-29-2010, 05:24 PM   #31
PRVersion
regretting name change

my car is a noob

Old 10-30-2011, 05:47 PM   #32
PRVersion
regretting name change

plans for the car changed when i couldn't figure out a way to move the T-5 shifter back far enough to make it to the stock shifter location while attached to the PRV, due to how far forward the engine sits in the bay.

so for now, i'm doing a somewhat boring but economical swap, with EFI and a snail coming down the road. eventually. maybe.

so here's what i've been up to:

then my phone died. i got the new engine and tranny into the car yesterday, just have to hook everything up, figure out the throttle for the Penta carb setup, and drive it to the muffler shop.

engine specs: 9.8:1 compression 90 B230f block, B cam, rebuilt 530 head. trans is early M46 with the taller 1st gear.

nothing special, should be torquey and pleasant to drive, and finally having an OD gear will make for much happier RPM/mpg on the freeway. pics to follow soon.