• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 Brake feel is sensitive.....

thismachine13

....like a sunburn.

'89 245 that the PO had replaced the brake booster, master cylinder and reservoir. Initial pedal engagement is sudden brakes..... then kinda mushy after. Not linear at all.

Brake booster, master cylinder and reservoir are all super clean which is how I know they've been replaced. The brakes beyond the reservoir have all been maintenanced by me.

I've pulled a booster from a '91 245 in the salvage yard and plan to swap hoping that maybe the PO had the wrong booster installed? Master cylinder?

May I assume that you have made a couple efforts at bleeding the air out of the system? I would certainly do that two or more times before starting over with a new, unknown, booster.

Yes.....have bled them multiple times, both gravitational and also with someone pumping the brakes. When I get back home I’ll post up a pic of the booster. It doesn’t look like any that I can find for a 240.

This is the super sensitive booster.

smsaQozl.jpg

OEM booster from a '91 245
kqZ732Rl.jpg

Back