• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

The DMV (DC, MD, VA) Town Bicycle 242

SteveMD

Membro
This '83 242 has had at least 3 local owners. The PO drove it up from NOVA, (Northern VA) a 30-ish mile trip to my garage. It has IPD sways front and rear, Koni's in front, some kind of red color lowering springs (in front anyway), and a not-pictured, lightened flat hood.

Team Dynamics 17x7 wheels with worn summer slic.., I mean, tires.

I need to get an interior into it. The original color was a light brown (see interior pic) and I kind of like that color. The other option is old-school blue. The '80's was all about the vinyl and pile-like cloth.

The B23F has a K-cam, runs ok, needs some stage 0 work. M46 needs OD wiring work.

Already sourced Cibie Z-beam E-code H4's (India copies) and the spacers to mount them correctly. (Thanks, RWC)

242%2Bresized.png

2zqznt2.jpg

Last edited:
Location? I forget; MD is it?
Too bad if wrong coast... I have interiors, dash, carpets, seat sets, everything you'd need if local.
parting out a couple 240's this month... 244T, 265 1976, others..

Green underneath? Drilled for hood pins at the front corners? Single washer nozzle? Sounds like the hood I drilled.

http://www.pbase.com/towerymt/image/93619962

Yep! However, I've located a parts car locally for interior stuff and may snag the hood off it.

BTW, does anyone recognize those wheels? Who makes them and are they the Volvo bolt pattern? I haven't gotten around to pulling one off the car.

I know what the wheels are I just can't think of it off the top of my head. Yes they're probably RWD Volvo bolt pattern/offset. A local guy had a set circa 2002. White even.

I'll think of them. I believe they're Australian.

Back