• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Cosbysweater's Turbo LS 244

There is something to be said about a nice, comfy highway cruiser. When we went for a ride in it at Davis I was pretty impressed with how nice the car was overall, so I totally understand not wanting to fiddle with that too much.

There is something to be said about a nice, comfy highway cruiser. When we went for a ride in it at Davis I was pretty impressed with how nice the car was overall, so I totally understand not wanting to fiddle with that too much.

Yea it's a great car, it runs alot better now with the updated ecu and stuff. It's just a absolute blast and I really don't need it to be any faster then it is. It does insane burnouts and smokes just about everything else on the highway.

That being said, I just wrapped up the engine for the drag car. More on that soon

I've also been using this and Andrew's thread for inspiration on an upcoming swap. This is super rad and I can't wait to see what is yet to come.

Yea it will be great with a brand new trans and converter in it. I'm hoping to add ac too it as well at some point. But for a fun cruiser it's really hard to beat. I'm heading up to Oregon now to pick up my other car project so this will be fun.

The part I'm most curious to see is if the NA 240 rad will keep the v8 cool at idle on my build.

The electric fan I have is VERY well shrouded and the fan dia is as big as can be. Luckily if it doesnt I have many options that are known o work

It probably won't unfortunately, with the big radiator it sits at like 190 in hot weather in traffic

If it doesnt go over 215 idling on a hot day in traffic Im calling it a win. My thermo will probly open around 188 or so maybe 180. Gonna run the stock truck thermostat with a few holes drilled around the top to keep a steady circulation going before she opens fully.

I will keep my thread updated with all failures and successes

My Tahoe is the same 192 is the coldest it EVER gets. 213 is the highest Ive been able to get it and that was while towing a couple thousand pounds in the NC summer and the AC blasting. 220 will be my concern area on this motor. Just a thought.

Obviously different cooling systems but the engine should be fine at these temps. The only holdback from being ok at these higher temps is the pressure on the factory rad. IMO

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with it at all. The c4 rad is very easy to swap in. I would just use that.

For once all of us agree on something unlike bleeding the brakes process or what does an R block in a 240 really mean discussion.

Is the C4 rad a hair wider and thicker? Im tempted to buy a rock auto special to just see the difference.

I got a eBay aluminum rad for 105 shipped. It's alot wider, it's also a tad shorter too, so you have to get a little clever with the upper mounts. It works great, I'm using a 2 row core. You have to get a early c4 rad, the later ones are alot taller iirc

Back