• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Busted tranny

I've read the aw71 is indestructible lol do you know where its leaking? Maybe replace the seal and maybe it'll stop slipping?
I'm not to familiar with the trans itself, I did just do an engine swap and we pulled the trans with it and did an accumulator mod, but if it's the input shaft seal its not to difficult to do, maybe the loss of pressure from a bad seal is causing the slip

Where are the leaks? Mine leaked like crazy, because the P.O. put to much fluid in, blew the extension seal, cooler line orings, output seal, and pan seals. I replaced them and it runs great now. It was really messy to clean all the caked oil, but far less pita and money than pulling the whole thing.

I'm rusty at RWD but I think the best option is another AW71 from a 700/900 turbo.

Is it leaking from the cooler inside the radiator?

And so how indestructible are AW71s? Like would fire kill them? If I could get one that allegedly has no leaks but came out of a car that was in a fire, is that possibly still good? (Anytime someone wants to jump in with a complete m46 with all the accessories feel free!)

In my case the car wasn't stock. I added a transmission cooler the 2nd go around and didn't kill any more transmissions.

Back