• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

my new car

Manbeard

OG 5EURO OG
to me at least. its a 1991 740GL automatic. it is in pretty good shape aside from not being washed in maybe 5 or so years. idk if it runs, as the battery is dead right now, but we'll see tonight. I've been washing it for the past 2 hours and i'm taking a break right now. about to go out and wax it then attack the interior and engine bay.

Keep in mind these pictures are pre and during wash.

newvolvo001.jpg

newvolvo005.jpg

newvolvo002.jpg

newvolvo003.jpg

newvolvo004.jpg

newvolvo006.jpg

shows how dirty it was.....pretty much brown

newvolvo007.jpg

newvolvo008.jpg

^after two washes.....about to go wax it here in a few

This car is going to be my DD/gas mileage car for a little bit and is gonna stay n/a for a while, but i do have some plans for it. I want to chop the springs....like 2 coils all around, tint it, put some different rims on it, and a mild performance muffler. and a turbonator. :lol:

the best part, though is the price i got it for. free fifty free

Welcome back!

Get the clay bar system and use it before you wax that thing. Works wonders on overall smoothness.

Looking pretty good - you may be able to fix that split on the seat if it's on a seam. A simple sewing would work if you can get the cover off.

turbonator?
it'll give me extra traction for the wholeshot
Welcome back!

Get the clay bar system and use it before you wax that thing. Works wonders on overall smoothness.

Looking pretty good - you may be able to fix that split on the seat if it's on a seam. A simple sewing would work if you can get the cover off.

Oh yeah, the Krylon Fusion paint is PERFECT for the bumpers and trim

WOO!!! i just put a single coat of wax on it for the time being. i've got a clay bar but my friend has it right now. so i figure the next time i wash/wax it i'll clay it. i'm hoping i can get that seam fixed....the seats are pretty much perfect except for that. and krylon paint is what i was thinking....i tried back to black on the bumpers but it said no.

wipe down the bumpers with acetone or paint thinner. the acetone is really strong and actually let me sort of 'wipe off' some imperfections in the bumpers.

I still need to pull the bumpers and paint them properly... thinking of trying the red krylon to see how close the match is.

White would make yours look awesome, but I doubt they'd match.

IT RUNS! yes. it does click a good amount though.....i didn't expect much, as the fluids haven't moved in a few years...even the old 1/4 tank of gas that was in there. but it runs. i think the battery is dead though as it ran for a little bit and when i went to restart it the starter wouldn't even click. bringing the battery to autozone tomorrow to get it tested.

so apparantly the problem that made the PO stop driving the car was the tranny didn't kick down when he wanted to pass someone on the highway. its an AW70 btw. what should i check?

OH. i lied to everyone at the beginning....its a 90 model.

Good to see you got another Volvo. Its been a hot minute has it not?

About that kickdown problem...do you have any idea what could be the cause of that? My car is doing the same thing (roaring down the highway at 3500-4000 RPM's for 70 mph). I drove to Boone from Raleigh and it didn't kickdown until I got to the top of the massive climb up the mountain right under the bridge for the Blue Ridge Parkway (loud ride).

Looks good though can't wait to see it when you throw some dubs on it and turbonate it (let me know if you need help) /end parantheses attack

Good to see you got another Volvo. Its been a hot minute has it not?

About that kickdown problem...do you have any idea what could be the cause of that? My car is doing the same thing (roaring down the highway at 3500-4000 RPM's for 70 mph). I drove to Boone from Raleigh and it didn't kickdown until I got to the top of the massive climb up the mountain right under the bridge for the Blue Ridge Parkway (loud ride).

Looks good though can't wait to see it when you throw some dubs on it and turbonate it (let me know if you need help) /end parantheses attack
it is about time i got into another volvo. and this time i know what not to do. haha. although i was thinking about a flatblack hood......:wtf:

lol. dubs will indeed be thrown at this.

i'm not too sure what the problem is......i probably wont find out until we register it and get the car inspected which wont happen for a couple weeks i think.

overdrive solenoid i almost 100% guarantee it. wash underneath it then pull the stupid thing out and dremel it. just search for it on here and you will find the info you need :D

Back