• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

York AC on Volvo 245 1975

davide_sbt

Hello everybody! I'm writing from Italy and I'm owner of Volvo 245 1975 with B20A motor.

I bought a York compressor for my car and i would like to know if anyone help me to understand what I also need.

I also need the correct wiring diagram for the AC system, anyone can send me a photo? I need particular relays?

I also see that for B20 i need the double crankshaft pulley, right?
Something like this?
2v2awdf.jpg

Thanks everybody,
Davide

Can you send me photo of idler pulley for B20A motor?

Somebody else who can help me with some pictures or assembly scheme?

You can check the volvo parts catalog at gcp.se. That has all the original volvo parts catalogs on the site.

No pictures but there are probably some on the web. Sorry it was a long time ago when we had a 75 245. Our first volvo that we got and that was back in the 80s.

No, 164 crankshaft pulleys are different.

You can use any 2 groove pulley that fits any B18 or B20 and I have several styles of both. I also have some of the compressor mounting brackets, but I'm not sure if I have a full set of the mounting brackets.

FYI, to really make your conversion easier, you really should find a parts car that has what you will need to add A/C to your 1975 240.

Here in the USA, we didn't get carbureted 240's so I have never seen 1 and the pulley system is different.

For instance, all USA market 1975 Volvo 240s have an air pump for air injection for emissions control and AFAIK, those were not used on the carbureted B20s. And the air pump was driven with the same belt if it also had A/C.

Back