• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Vancity Volvos

I believe they are different, but will check on that - bumper shocks should be the same. Have a 1993 245 so I will take a look. I think the later post 1986 models may work, assuming you do not have a 1985 and earlier.

Last edited:
Bumpers are the same between sedans and wagons. The mouldings between the bumper and the body are different, though. Sedan mouldings are thicker on 1983-85 US cars, and 1986-93 cars. The 1979-82 US/1979-85 Canadian cars have different rubber mouldings depending on sedan or wagon. Sedan is smooth, wagon has bumps in it. 1975-78 240's all use the same mouldings front and rear (rear is the same as the 1979-85 Commando wagon moulding).

Case in point, 1984 US model 245GL with a 1983-85 244 rear bumper mounted, but with wagon moulding on top. Looks normal.

-J

I believe they are different, but will check on that - bumper shocks should be the same. Have a 1993 245 so I will take a look. I think the later post 1986 models may work, assuming you do not have a 1985 and earlier.

Bumpers are the same between sedans and wagons. The mouldings between the bumper and the body are different, though. Sedan mouldings are thicker on 1983-85 US cars, and 1986-93 cars. The 1979-82 US/1979-85 Canadian cars have different rubber mouldings depending on sedan or wagon. Sedan is smooth, wagon has bumps in it. 1975-78 240's all use the same mouldings front and rear (rear is the same as the 1979-85 Commando wagon moulding).

Case in point, 1984 US model 245GL with a 1983-85 244 rear bumper mounted, but with wagon moulding on top. Looks normal.

-J
Sweet. My mouldings are fine, just need the bumper and the shocks. I'll PM you.

EDIT:

Turbo'd 24erty4er has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

Well, guess not lol

Last edited:
Also parting out a 1990 244 - the engine is a bit noisy when cold, piston slap and again, some parts that will be kept are the LH 2.4 system, radiator, front strut assembly, rear shocks and Virgo wheels but there will be some parts available and again, if there is something you might be needing let me know, it might be for sale. The car is being taken apart this weekend.

Interested in the door mirrors and the felt panels that are under the dash.

billkaz - Door mirrors are manually adjustable if that is what you are looking for, the felt pads can be sold as well - will check with my brother as it is his car and let you know soon. We will be out in Coquitlam with the car stripping and if it is possible to come by I will let you know.

billkaz - Door mirrors are manually adjustable if that is what you are looking for, the felt pads can be sold as well - will check with my brother as it is his car and let you know soon. We will be out in Coquitlam with the car stripping and if it is possible to come by I will let you know.

Manual mirrors are fine. Mine keep getting clipped by cyclists.

Let me know when and where.

Thanks

Alright, so I've got a new car coming soon(ish), so I need to figure out what I'm doing the V8 car. Anyone local have any hookups for reasonable storage in the lower mainland?

Bargain basement price if anyone wants to take the whole thing off my hands...

M.

Alright, so I've got a new car coming soon(ish), so I need to figure out what I'm doing the V8 car. Anyone local have any hookups for reasonable storage in the lower mainland?

Bargain basement price if anyone wants to take the whole thing off my hands...

M.

Rats. I guess it's not a surprise, but I'm sorry to see this
project go.

I'd love to finish it, if I had the space.

Sounds like you're replacing it with a car that runs though, eh?
Can't argue with that logic.

Oh, and what's with the orange usernames? I clearly haven't been
spending enough time here, I have no idea what's going on.

It's optional Chaos and Mayhem color for those that have donated this fundraising cycle.

As far as the V8 car goes, I may just store it. Not seeing a lot of interest, and I just don't have time to part it out. We'll see.

M.

I won't be able to make it. Have a fun time gents.

latest

Back