• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Strut to strut brace worth it after installing lower chassis and firewall braces?

So right now, eBay is having a site-wide 15% discount which would allow me to get an Ultra Racing strut brace for around $115. But I'm just wondering if it's worth getting after having the other two braces installed. Does it complete the bracing, or is it just a minimal upgrade not worth over $100?

You could make one that's just as good for a $4 stick of EMT, and have enough left over for firewall braces...

Blacknosebraces-2.jpg

It would destroy the resale value of your classic car... /runs and hides

Those are the holy grails, but quite expensive. If I were to spend that type of money, I'd rather put it into a set of your coilovers and keep my current braces.

It sounds like you just answered your own question.

Dont bother spending the money on the cheap stuff.

I drove ~100k miles with the GT braces before putting a strut bar brace on. Made a noticeable difference on sweeping turns (onramps at speed).

I also run lower braces (ipd).

Had iPd bars on ... pit lower by braces noticed a big difference. Steering felt more precise
Installed uppers months later, didn’t notice any difference, not to say they don’t help as a combo

Upper braces attach to captive nut in firewall that is in steel about the thickness of tin foil. I have seen that section of firewall fail for it. Double skin it with captive nuts for the steel to not flex so much. Much better is welding tubes from double skinned strut tower to double skinned firewall and attaching closer to the pinch weld 3" under where the captive nuts will break out in stock form.
Stitch-weld your flexible flyer of a 240 and uber stiff springs are not required and you'll not be so often serenaded by the windshield as it wanders about in it's opening. Yes; that is the sound you hear every time you pull into a driveway or do a one wheel bump slowly.

Back