• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Squirterizational mod RENTAL KIT for INCREASED PERFORMANCE

John V outside agitator

OK it hurts my brain too much when I see certain things blurted out as "absolute must-do" things and then poor saps expending time and effort and extra money to find the supposed "perfect" thing.
The post 1991 B230 blocks with the squirters is one such thing.

As such I started a thread about making a LOANER KIT FOR THE TURBOBRICKS COMMUNITY which could be sent out to guys when its rebuild time so they could mod their blocks with just a simple drill---as long as it can chuck up 1/2" shank.

I thought it would be pretty simple and inexpensive to get the parts, but it was suggested that the kit should be a LOANER kit sent out against a stiff deposit--ie more than enough to cover the parts and the time to make the jig.

To those who may be interested. THIS KIT IS NOT FOR SALE.

Its done and its easy.
Took about 40 minutes cause it is a lot of swapping out of the drill bits.

The big deal is that you have to drill way down there in the block and you really need to be plumb or square and you have 4 operations per hole.
First thing is a faced off a FORD 2300 head bolt to have a square surface, then drilled and tapped it to M8

So snug the special FORD bolt.

Place the fixture on the FORD bolt and finger tighten the M8 bolt finger tight.
Squirterizationalized_Redblock02.JPG

get the 1/4" drill bushing and place it in the jig, put the long 1/4" bit in your drill, stick it thru the bush and ease it down to the flat above the oil gallery.

Find a spot about half way from the cylinder to the block wall.

Squirterizationalized_Redblock03.JPG

OIL the spot and drill with moderate pressure---it's IRON, you don't have to push too hard.
BE FAWKIN CAREFULL as you feel it start to break thru to the gallery. Ease up and speed up the drill speed.

Next, swing the fixture out of the way and put the spot face cutter in.
It's piloted with a 1/4 pilot so it will be guided in the hole.
IT WILL KISS THE OUT WALL OF THE BLOCK A BIT SO HOLD IT UP WHEN YOU PULL THE TRIGGER AND EASE IT DOWN. WHEN ITS ON THE FLAT SURFACE CONTROL THE DRILL SPEED AND PUSH DOWN AND KISS THE SURFACE TILL ITS A CLEAN SWEPT CIRCLE, NO MORE.

Squirterizationalized_Redblock04.JPG

Now get the 1/4 bit and slide it back thru the jig and move it around so the drill goes thru the hole and isn't tweaked or bowed and then tighten the M8 bolt.

Next remove the 1/4 drill bush, replace it with the 7mm bush and drill thru the hole.

Now remove the jig, get the M8 x 1 tap and the 1/4 drive extention and carefull line it up and start the tap. OIL, and don't give it more than 2-2 1/2 turns without backing off a half turn.
Tap thru the hole but don't go all the way till the tp bottoms on the roof of the oil gallery.

Squirterizationalized_Redblock06.JPG

Repeat.

The positions I chose were for easiest access. Cylinder 1 I did at the rear pad, cylinder 2 at the front pad, or each side of No2 Main, cylinder 3 I used read pad, cylinder 4 I used the front pad--or each side of No4 main.

Squirterizationalized_Redblock05.JPG

Pretty easy, just take your time.

Squirterizationalized_Redblock07.JPG

This is a good community, it's fun talking to you guys on the phone and see enthusiasm here I haven't seen as regularly in any of the other brands I deal with.

I'm happy I can do this as a sorta service to you guys who don't have easy access to a Bridgeport mill and I'm really glad that you poor bastids living where Volvos aren't filling the wrecking yards that you now don't have to dig and spend money looking for the elusive for you post '91 pre-quirterized blocks.

There's only the issue of the out of control nature of one or more of the Moderators..

Doing this for percieved personal animus is the definition of LAME, and so whoever moved the original thread has shown that they don't have the maturity or judgement to be a "Moderator"

I'm asking that some of the more mature Mods make this a sticky in the PERFORMANCE section where the question of squirters comes up so frequently.

And I'm asking where a discussion of just how the process of disciplining out of control mods can take place.

They CAN ruin things for a lot of people with their antics.

Last edited:
Another vote for this being made a sticky, but edit out the bitching and add a paragraph such as:
Pre 1993 blocks are without the piston oil squirters which are so important in keeping piston temperatures down and thus keeping detonation at bay, allowing higher boost levels to safely be used.
Here is a kit which has been developed to allow those with the earlier blocks to modify them to the later spec (using BMW squirters, available from the kit manufacturer) without the requirement to take your block to the machine shop.

As this item has taken some time to develop and the parts also have a physical cost, there will be a deposit chargeable on the loan of the kit- repayable on the return of said kit within one calender month of loan in good condition.If you break it or lose it, you pay for it. Trackable and insured shipping is therefore recommended.

Please PM John V, outside agitator for details

Last edited:
Decent writeup, the pics are nice!

I just saw this a few days ago up at Johns. I can't say I was paying the best of attention, as I was messing around with a turbo and I don't have a current need. But it looks like a pretty sweet kit, I wouldn't mind something like this for the next 2.3 ford rebuild.

Sweet kit man, I have a 86 B230FT block in need of this kit. Do you think you might sell the squiters with this? Put me on the list as long as the deposit isn't to much. Also, the ford head bolt think, is that part of the kit or is that something the user has to come up with? One more thing, can you add a picture of just the kit?

Adam

that is wicked sweet...nice job...

loctite on the squiters bolts? torque value?

I don't need the kit, but I'd buy the squirters from you if it's worth your time to package and ship 'em :)

would you be willing to send overseas? not for a while atleast. I want to squirt my b23 build but after the b230 dies.. meh may aswell do it to both! got a part number on the squirters? I know they are BMW and i know i should search but its late down under :)

cheers

Back