• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Vancity Volvos

......Kinda weird....thinkin' the 'ol GT could use some love...lurkin' around some volvo forums...and lo and behold...the GT's already made an appearance on turbobricks.;-)
So where do I start? How about someone suggest me a good mechanic in the Vancouver area. Thnx.

Give Len a shout at Schrams

Just because I'm a bit slow, are LOLvos cars we like, cars we laugh at, or both?

If it's cars we like, I spotted this '78 GT in east van today.

DSCF1387.jpg

Needs some love but has my favourite graphics package. I need to find a four door version of this.

I also spotted a pretty decent white Amazon wagon by the drive but it was gone by the time I swung back to get a photo.

Just because I'm a bit slow, are LOLvos cars we like, cars we laugh at, or both?

If it's cars we like, I spotted this '78 GT in east van today.

DSCF1387.jpg

Needs some love but has my favourite graphics package. I need to find a four door version of this.

I also spotted a pretty decent white Amazon wagon by the drive but it was gone by the time I swung back to get a photo.

Not a '78. Wrong tail lights...;-)

You could make a 4-door version...it's all cosmetic stuff. I had that front end on my '85 245Ti for a while. Most people never noticed but the odd Volvo guy would do a double-take...

You could make a 4-door version...it's all cosmetic stuff. I had that front end on my '85 245Ti for a while. Most people never noticed but the odd Volvo guy would do a double-take...

I just thought '78 since there were no butt cheeks. Just when I think I have this figured out. So..what year is it?

I am slowly going with a 4-door GTish look, although not the grille. I just meant the striping package. I know guys make the 2 door kit but haven't asked if they would modify the sides for 4 doors. No rush since I need a bit of painting first.

LOL, how true. Most people think it's just another boring Volvo.

See below - on the far right of the .sig...

-J

With respect to the 242GT, it's a '79. 1980 had the spare tire wells and the 1980-82 (or 1985 for up there) front spoiler. My 245 has the suspension of a '79 242GT on it right now...

-J

Back