• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

What kind of practical custom wheels options do I have for a Volvo 240?

Any Volvo RWD wheels will fit. Most Volvo FWD wheels and hundreds of others will fit with adapters (pay attention to the center bore). Common adapter thicknesses are 25mm on the front, 32mm on the rear. Adapters give you a huge range of options, but are inherently a bit dangerous if not installed correctly. Even if you get 15" RWD rims, it will handle a lot better than the 14's. I cannot stand driving on those floppy tires.

Please tell us a bit more about what you are looking for?

What level of upgrade do you want? What is your budget?
Even with the less common 5 x 108 20mm offset there are lots of wheel options as those guys mention.

What do you mean by "custom?" HRE will make you a built-to-order set for $5,000-10,000 if custom is what you actually want.

Please tell us a bit more about what you are looking for?

What level of upgrade do you want? What is your budget?
Even with the less common 5 x 108 20mm offset there are lots of wheel options as those guys mention.
My budget is a firm one thousand US dollars ($1000), including tires.

I'm looking for something practical but a bit larger than fourteen (14) inch wheels, even if only fifteen or sixteen inch!

That is a good budget for daily driver nice wheels. I would suggest Volvo wheels as a start.
Virgo is the 240 turbo wheel. 15 x 6 can fit a 205/55-15 tire for a nice all around improvement.
Draco is the stock 740 turbo wheels. Very affordable five spoke design. 15 x 6
Orion and multi X are two of the 15 x 7 Volvo wheels and look good.

In the aftermarket used wheel area you can sometimes find Borbet Type E in 15 x 7 or OZ Saturns in 15 x 7.
All these wheels fit a 205/55-15 tires. I just bought a set of Nitto 450 tires in that size for my car and they were $400 including mounting and balancing.

Are custom steelies an option? American Racing and probably someone else can make them in diameters and offsets to suit your ride.

I talked to them, and they will make them in basically any size, I even asked if they would make 17" x 10" and they will.

Where you located? Someone on here may have a lead on some if you add your location to this thread and/or your profile.

The rear wheel drive Peg replicas are almost 30 lbs each, I couldn't recommend those. Just saying, that is not a very well designed wheel. Fine for regular driving I guess...but that is a very very heavy rim.

The rear wheel drive Peg replicas are almost 30 lbs each, I couldn't recommend those. Just saying, that is not a very well designed wheel. Fine for regular driving I guess...but that is a very very heavy rim.

Good to know, thx. I thought they might be FWD as I have them on my 1800 and they require 1? spacers.

Since not mentioned in the text (didn't check the links herein) the MSW 15x7 with ET12 are nearly ideal for the 2 series chassis. My last set shipped to East LA a couple years ago.

Setup a search on eBay for MSW 5x108 and wait patiently...... or post in wanted?

The 15 x 7 OZ Saturns I mention earlier in the thread were sold under the MSW wheel brand. I have them now on my 93 wagon with the 205/55-15 Nittos.

Back