• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Is the front emblem for a 1984 240 DL different than the 1986-93 emblem?

Frank_Rizzo

My front Volvo emblem (that goes on the grille crossbar) is faded and I would like to get a replacement.

I see there are many available for sale marketed as 1986-93 front emblems.

Are these different from the 1970's-1985 emblems in any way? Just looking at it, it does seem a bit different but I'm no expert.

Also, how hard is it to switch the emblems? What do I need to do?

Does anyone have a part number for this item?

Thanks!

I recently ordered one from myvolvoparts.com. it's a genuine Volvo badge/emblem. It was about $30 with taxes/shipping. I'm happy with it. I'll post a picture of what it looks like mounted.

I recently ordered one from myvolvoparts.com. it's a genuine Volvo badge/emblem. It was about $30 with taxes/shipping. I'm happy with it. I'll post a picture of what it looks like mounted.
You mean for a pre 1986 Volvo 240?

I can't find anything similar on that site. Do you have a part number? Thanks.

You mean for a pre 1986 Volvo 240?

I can't find anything similar on that site. Do you have a part number? Thanks.

Sorry I missed the part where you said pre-86. Please measure the emblem. 81-85 typically have what I believe is a 60 mm emblem but I don't have any of those grilles to measure myself.

Sorry I missed the part where you said pre-86. Please measure the emblem. 81-85 typically have what I believe is a 60 mm emblem but I don't have any of those grilles to measure myself.
Sure, I'll measure it tomorrow. My car is garaged out back right now. I'm pretty sure the front emblems are different from 1981-85 and 1986-93. I've seen tons of 1986-93 front emblems for sale, and NONE of the 1981-85 ones.

Back