• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

What to do?

This is going places.

Listen son; you drive a Swedish economy crapwagon. We all do. They are slow. If you want it fast, plan to spend money and time. A cheap turbo upgrade will cost around $1K minimum and if you aren't careful it will bend rods. By careful, I mean keep the boost at reasonable levels. These cars are old, and they are not common in junkyards any longer. Most of the ones in junkyards have been crushed. It is very rare to see a turbo car in the junkyard near me. In fact, I am not sure I've seen a turbo Volvo in a junkyard in the past few years. A V8 swap will cost at least $3k, but will be less likely to kick rods out of the block. Either way, you have to have a budget and time for the junk to be off the road.

This is going places.

Listen son; you drive a Swedish economy crapwagon. We all do. They are slow. If you want it fast, plan to spend money and time. A cheap turbo upgrade will cost around $1K minimum and if you aren't careful it will bend rods. By careful, I mean keep the boost at reasonable levels. These cars are old, and they are not common in junkyards any longer. Most of the ones in junkyards have been crushed. It is very rare to see a turbo car in the junkyard near me. In fact, I am not sure I've seen a turbo Volvo in a junkyard in the past few years. A V8 swap will cost at least $3k, but will be less likely to kick rods out of the block. Either way, you have to have a budget and time for the junk to be off the road.

Swap is pretty much ruled out, I'm still thinking of a +t. Or I may just but the ipd vx cam if it ever comes back in stock. Yeah I know it will never be fast, I just want it to be not quite so slow

Sell it and buy a fast car.

It'll be cheaper in the end and you'll have something to sell when you move on again when you get tired of poor fuel economy.

Back