home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > General > website & board

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2017, 06:43 PM   #26
alschnertz
Board Member
 
alschnertz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: CT
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifted View Post
I like this idea.
Me too.

FWIW, what the "poster-in-question" and others do makes me not want to bother posting my old Volvo parts. I mean, if the measly items that I put up are dwarfed within 24-48 hours, why bother. I'm getting to a point in my life where I'd like to make room, but I'm tired of chasing sales of 20 bucks.

What's happening is not an asset to the hobby - which is what "old" Volvos are now.

Granted, some wheels are timeless regardless of how ugly they are.
__________________
Differences of opinions should be tolerated, but only if they're not too different. - Sharon Craig
alschnertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 07:24 PM   #27
Dangerkitty
Board Member
 
Dangerkitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Mountain View CA
Default

I was under the impression they already made him donate, but I could be wrong.

Either way, he is more of a parasite than an asset to forums.
__________________
just a bunch of bicycles and a 71 145 GT project
+ a 1982 Dodge Xplorer 221
Dangerkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:05 AM   #28
Shifted
Briefly 'Jostra Quadrox'
 
Shifted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Hill, Shinshu Japan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerkitty View Post
I was under the impression they already made him donate...
Grey username says no/not yet.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ME II View Post
Without mistakes there is no learning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJenoxX View Post
Eventually, you're going to have to understand that you can't get a truly non-crazy chick... We're all f7cking nuts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanwheeler
I'm not cool enough to be banned.
"Drink up dreamers, you're running dry." Peter Gabriel

Let my soul have its day in the mud
Shifted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:04 AM   #29
gsellstr
Vintage anti-ricer
 
gsellstr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Somewhere in a northern California smog bank
Default

He promised to donate once we got you class clowns to stop harassing him. That didn't happen despite continued bans, so he doesn't feel the need to donate.

If you don't want to see his posts, add him to your ignore list, that's exactly what it's there for. If you don't want to do that, just don't read his threads, nobody is forcing you to do so.
__________________
RIP
Doug Williams aka Mr. Doug 4/15/2009
Pete Fluitman aka fivehundred 7/14/2013
Mick Starkey aka TrickMick 1/10/14

74 144 B20
http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=224983

90 745Ti, AW71L, IPD bars/springs, Koni SA's, JVAB B230FT, IPD Turbo cam, GT2871R @ 18psi, TLAO chips, E85, NPR, 3.5" DP, 3" DP-back, MSD, TruTrac, Wilwood BBK

If you need Superpro bushings PM me for price and availability!
gsellstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:30 PM   #30
SlowRide
Bearded Road Rager
 
SlowRide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: WTF?, Florida
Default

I'll make monthly contributions if you make him consolidate his threads into one, like Philski and others who have multiple threads, or ban him from forsale.


It's even a sticky!
http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=241952


He's a non contributing spambot.

Last edited by SlowRide; Yesterday at 02:40 PM..
SlowRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:15 PM   #31
Redwood Chair
K-jet For Life
 
Redwood Chair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: SF CA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alschnertz View Post
Me too.

FWIW, what the "poster-in-question" and others do makes me not want to bother posting my old Volvo parts. I mean, if the measly items that I put up are dwarfed within 24-48 hours, why bother. I'm getting to a point in my life where I'd like to make room, but I'm tired of chasing sales of 20 bucks.

What's happening is not an asset to the hobby - which is what "old" Volvos are now.

Granted, some wheels are timeless regardless of how ugly they are.


The trolls have won.
__________________
Raise The Lowered


Image hosted by servimg.com

Redwood Chair is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:35 PM   #32
Dangerkitty
Board Member
 
Dangerkitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Mountain View CA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowRide View Post
I'll make monthly contributions if you make him consolidate his threads into one, like Philski and others who have multiple threads, or ban him from forsale.


It's even a sticky!
http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=241952


He's a non contributing spambot.
I'll contribute for this too.
Dangerkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:40 PM   #33
Dangerkitty
Board Member
 
Dangerkitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Mountain View CA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsellstr View Post
He promised to donate once we got you class clowns to stop harassing him. That didn't happen despite continued bans, so he doesn't feel the need to donate.

If you don't want to see his posts, add him to your ignore list, that's exactly what it's there for. If you don't want to do that, just don't read his threads, nobody is forcing you to do so.
Is it really just about ignoring someone when they are hogging the top of the thread lists, and not following the forum rules?
Seems like he is taking advantage of forums.
I'm guessing he is, or has been attempting to, do this on every auto related forum on the web.

He really seems more like a spammer than a contributor to the community.
Dangerkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:42 PM   #34
Dangerkitty
Board Member
 
Dangerkitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Mountain View CA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alschnertz View Post
Me too.

FWIW, what the "poster-in-question" and others do makes me not want to bother posting my old Volvo parts. I mean, if the measly items that I put up are dwarfed within 24-48 hours, why bother. I'm getting to a point in my life where I'd like to make room, but I'm tired of chasing sales of 20 bucks.

What's happening is not an asset to the hobby - which is what "old" Volvos are now.

Granted, some wheels are timeless regardless of how ugly they are.
This is the problem.
If someone is hogging the top of the threads, relentlessly and with items that are of little to no interest to the forum users, it diminishes the usefulness of the forum, and turns it into someone's private ad machine.
Dangerkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:53 PM   #35
Dangerkitty
Board Member
 
Dangerkitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Mountain View CA
Default

The only things that go away if you ignore them are your teeth and your girlfriend.

Fortunately, I still have my teeth...
Dangerkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:20 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.