• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1+1=245

Can't wait to see the car one with the color matched hood. Didn't know you had an anza Muffler either. That sounds awesome

Thanks I will post pictures of hood on car shortly.
I love it but I will go soon when I build a 3" exhaust - it will end up on the 145 I have

I need your opinion people

On my truck I put a Polish Air Force symbol sticker so I got some made for this car.

during ww2 when flying on allied planes the symbol was in front of the plane. When they fly their own planes the symbol goes on the back

15360-lja93j_zps0c3ihzjy.jpg

8865_zpsjanqfqb6.jpg

here are my choices - sticker is gloss black (I like the rear quarter the best)

IMG_20160519_185141841_zpsqaiat5f2.jpg

IMG_20160519_185026279_zpsvjtyjpsl.jpg

IMG_20160519_185004333_zpsoi4um9ii.jpg

Do you know how much dynamat you used on the roof and on the doors? I read on another thread that it takes about 150 Sq. Ft. to cover the floor as nd quarters on a wagon. I'm researching how much to do an entire wagon.

old Roma wheel leather had it's glory days behind it. Leather would just crumble when turning, especially with any moisture in the air. The old center is still excellent

Uncle Ian sold me his. He told me this thing has been under his mattress since Clinton (Bill that is, for you millennials) was in office.
My car is again nice to touch.

left old, right new
98D83D26-671A-4641-8052-E0B2F0670A1E_zpsbp4tci8q.jpg

Last edited:
decided this was a good weekend to swap in a T5

ybnVXSEh.jpg

irUf4Heh.jpg

welded this up but it got too dark for me to drill it right
kFHPKmTh.jpg

I need to fix this thread one of these days ///fuk

Transmission
1352-169 Ford 1986 1/2 Mustang/Capri 5.30 V8 WC V 3.15 3.35 1.93 1.29 1.00 0.68

(I need to add part numbers on here for reference)

Shifter
Mustang Pilot bearing
Speedo cable - Got my speedo cable modified at Commercial Speedometer in Sacramento. Brought in an old beat up VDO cable. Got the inner cable replaced, new T5 end and correct 21 red speedo gear
$56 while I waited
Brass shifter bushing
Clutch - standard t5 Yoshifab (for now)
Royal purple trans fluid
Standard steel mustang drive shaft
Yoshifab drive shaft to diff adapter

Last edited:
Well the Pro 5.0 short shifter sucks. The used one I have makes it hard to get into gear and it's also hard to know when in gear. I went to a stock shifter and also replaced the brass cup bushing with stock plastic one. It finally feels right. IDK how these are when new but I dont recommend it. I even contacted the guy who makes it and heard nothing in response.

TMS9POfh.jpg

I also installed Ben's panhard bar. Stock bushings were better than I expected at 400k
uaAtVX2h.jpg

Last edited:
got around to replacing my "modern" Kenwood chair radio. Super bright at night and stupid colors.
8TBqGQXh.jpg

I went with Alpine, tape and everything works. Now I can finally rock some tapes I have. I'm thinking of getting a GROM (or something equivalent) eventually, I have one on my 850 and I like it a lot

(I need to take a better pictures)
mjRjbuch.jpg

I made an extra long wiring for easier installation and removal. Im having trouble figuring out the rear channels, I can get one working or both if I mono them. Time to find a wiring diagram or owners manual for this thing
N5FyXwwh.jpg

Matches my aluminum speaker grills. I have a matching set for the rear too.
Ys58uATh.jpg

The speaker grills match the doors PERFECTLY.
Thank you. I agree. I was very happy when I found them.
Aluminum case, black with silver trim, period correct design and made by Alpine

Looks great. I keep holding back from "big" speakers to keep the factory grilles. Time for me to get over it...

Thanks Carl
I have an extra set of these and another period correct set that looks great. They are stock size (4) and would work great for someone that wants something different. Other then Bens custom machined larger adapters/grills I am yet to find something that doesn’t look tacky. I look for vintage grills all the time and most are junk

Ps. I love this radio. At night it looks great. The on/off/volume knob is something I missed too.

CLICK - lights come on, “ratchet” feeling turning the volume while the speakers slowly come to life.

I noticed that the light around the left side of the deck is out. Pulling it out to fix it will be easy ;)

Highly recommend going with something period correct, it makes the experience of driving an old car that much better... then again I also buy and fix old stereos. Denon, Marantz, Sony, Pioneer, Sansui etc from 70s and early 80s only

Last edited:
Back