• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

crown vic 4.6l

You can do plenty with the 5.0 coyote with minimal work. But with boss 302 heads, manley rods/pistons, F1A Procharger, and supporting mods you can do quite a bit :) The owner of the shop I'm at just finished building this one, shooting for 1000whp on pump gas

I'm waiting for someone to wreck a newer F150.
That's the 385hp version of the Mustang engine.

Of course, 385hp today is like 230hp when I was a kid.
I drove a 425hp hemi and was disappointed!

OP, I've got a 3-valve (SOHC) 4.6L from a 2005 Mustang GT that is going into my '84 245. Haven't done a test fit yet but I have taken many measurements and it seems the only clearance issue will be valve cover to brake booster. I'm considering a relocated/smaller booster, hydroboost, manual brakes, or some manner of electric booster. All of the above until I get the engine in the bay for the first time.

It's a bit taller/wider than the 2-valve 4.6 because of slightly larger heads and valve covers, but is slightly smaller than the 4-valve 4.6 and the Coyote 5.0.

I like the Mustang spec 3-valve because:

-they are the forgotten (i.e. cheaper) predecessor of the Coyote
-aluminum block
-305 hp in stock form, so on par with an LM7 (5.3L GM), but better specific output & fuel economy
-550 hp at less than 10 psi from twin GT2860RS turbos
-the driving experience in the heavy 2005 Mustang was ridiculous with the twin turbo setup - I can only imagine how hilarious it will be in the smaller, lighter 240 chassis

Anybody saying they got 30+ mpg out of a 4.6 FoMoCo is full of sh1t. The Triton engine family is pretty underwhelming except the supercharged Terminator and its variants. Great torque at idle, good in a pickup. Why not 7MGTE? Camaro 3800 engine and trans, then + blower? Colorado 3700 or Trailblazer 4200? Find one of these crashed and buy the whole damn thing, saves a lot of pissing around.

Back