• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Rear suspension options

nathaninwa

The Beloved Oarnge Juice
300+ Club
Hey guys, been round and round and read and read about suspension setups. Each have pros and cons but at the point I need to make a decision on one. If you guys had a drag car first that's driven on the street which would you choose? Parrelel 4 link, triangulated 4 link, 3 link or a short tq arm ( I'm talkin short like 20 inche's short )

I've got my 240 completely cut apart and ready to back half it

A classic 4 link with some coilovers is a pretty tried and true setup. If you wanted to spice things up you could set the coilovers up in a pushrod setup and run a mumsford link instead of a watts link.

That's my goto setup as well. But I'm afraid of it acting like a ladder bar and having no chassis roll. I will be close together with the mounting points, maybe I'll mock it up and see how it articulates first hand

It would be sweet to be able to pack the front tires a little at the launch

Hey guys, been round and round and read and read about suspension setups. Each have pros and cons but at the point I need to make a decision on one. If you guys had a drag car first that's driven on the street which would you choose? Parrelel 4 link, triangulated 4 link, 3 link or a short tq arm ( I'm talkin short like 20 inche's short )

I've got my 240 completely cut apart and ready to back half it

Do both like this Camaro...so he can swap back easily depending on the task at hand...

http://www.spohn.net/blog/2010/10/2...-is-powered-by-spohn-del-sphere-pivot-joints/

More info on g-lateral.net I think is where I saw his build

A classic 4 link with some coilovers is a pretty tried and true setup. If you wanted to spice things up you could set the coilovers up in a pushrod setup and run a mumsford link instead of a watts link.

I had to google the mumsford link. Clever setup and I can see the advantages of it. Not a lot of info on the net on how to build one though.

Three link is for road racing, four link for drag. Parallel four link is more forgiving on the street while still being stiff enough for drag.

I'm actually mor mocked up now and can see the room I have. Looks like triangulated would work, but the diff mounts would be so high on the housing that roll center would suck

I honestly think a parrelel is the way to go, or even slightly off like a volvo 240 and run a panhard

Run a Watts linkage instead of a standard panhard. You are already doing all that work to get a four link set up. Keeps the rear end fully centered. That way you don't have the rear end change position between full squat (on launch) and droop (under decal and braking).

Back