• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

244 and salad shooters

mperry

Picked a cheap set of shooters off of craigslist, and deciding on what size tire to run?
Stock ride height for now, probably will go kalphenke for coilovers, the diy ones. Square set up on the wheels, 16x8.5 have set of adapters already, et should be +13. Wondering if anyone had some suggestions, or any pictures of them running this square setup? It's on my 1984 244, or I maybe picking a 1983 245 up this weekend. Could run on either.

Last edited:
Thanks, I'll probably shoot for the 225/50's much more available here where I live. Adapters just showed up today. Test fit wheel tomorrow, and I leave for work on Monday morning through Thursday. Tires when I get back.

16x8.5 ET32 w/27mm adapters front.
16x9.5 ET38 w/35mm adapters rear.

225/50/16 Dunlop ZII Star Spec all around.

The WHEEL rubs in the rear on one side on hard compression when the 24gal cell is full, but it's not a big deal for a race car. Rear fenders have been hammered on, enough that you'd notice the deformation if it were not covered in fur. Front fenders have been yanked on, but not really rolled/trimmed. Fronts fit fine.

152651621.jpg

What thickness adapter would you want if you ran the 16x8.5 in the rear?

I want them tucked under as far as possible with minimal modification required

You can't figure it out from the above post?

I have an idea from the above posts, although the exact answer isn't given.

I have exhausted the search button and google. I also started my own thread with a title not used by others in the past. No one responded to it.

What I have come up with is 27mm front and 23 rear. Closest I've seen in spacers is 25mm and 20mm respectively. It also looks like 225 front and 235 or 245 rears should work in regards to tires.

I was looking for something concrete before ordering. Maybe even a picture showing the poke or ideally the lack there of.

Last edited:
Mock them up using washers or a piece of wood (just don't drive it), if you don't have the tires yet just find an old tire to have mounted on a wheel.

i'm running 245's on 17x8", 5mm offset. Rear outside fenders had to be tweaked a little, no idea how much further inboard I could go

Are you lowered yet?

I have tires but they are the factory corvette tires which are 255/50/16. These I'm guessing are too big for mock up.

I've used the washer technique before. I wasn't sure if I could do it given the bolt pattern difference. Wasn't sure if I could hit 2 holes.

The 20 and 25 spacers put me at +12 rear and +7 front.

There's a reason.

Fill me in? My conclusions are all offensive.

I spent days searching answers from Google and this forum before starting a thread.

On my street/strip car forum we answer these all the time. Very simple too. I.e. You have X amount of room to play with in the wheel wells. Here are the tires that fit. Here are the rims that fit and here are the backspacing you need. We don't' talk offset. That seems to be something the euro crowd gravitates toward.

www.forabodiesonly.com if you'd like to check it out

From what I have been able to gather reading big wheel threads over the years 12-13et is best to fit the widest wheel / tire combinations.

*Disclaimer I have no personal experience fitting steam roller tires*.

From what I have been able to gather reading big wheel threads over the years 12-13et is best to fit the widest wheel / tire combinations.

*Disclaimer I have no personal experience fitting steam roller tires*.

Interesting you say that I'm guessing +12 and +17

I've spoken directly to one of the members that has run them. He's close to my guesstimate in the front. Farther out in the rear. Towrey has much to offer in the way of knowledge. I've been making a lot of notes from his discussions.

Back