home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > General > events

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2018, 04:30 PM   #151
RoadRacer4Life
Owner: DeathWagon
 
RoadRacer4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montgomery Alabama
Default

Just installed new rotors and pads on the 2jswede.. Hope to flush the cooling system and maybe take a look at my engine braking in second gear wiring..
I'm planning on heading up Thursday and staying till Sunday this time.. Let me know if you need me to bring anything extra..

-Sam
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxman51 View Post
Threads like this continue to underline the fact that none of yall are ever actually going to catch me.
90 245GL Build thread 2JZ coming soon...
91 245GL Dumpin Doughnuts Battle Wagon Chumpcar
93 245GL Street Beater
RoadRacer4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 04:33 PM   #152
propav8r
F*ck Edgar
 
propav8r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Franklin, NC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadRacer4Life View Post
Just installed new rotors and pads on the 2jswede.. Hope to flush the cooling system and maybe take a look at my engine braking in second gear wiring..
I'm planning on heading up Thursday and staying till Sunday this time.. Let me know if you need me to bring anything extra..

-Sam
I think we're pretty solid man. If you have a charcoal chimney, bring that. That's all I can think of atm.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotankshane View Post
If its a solid stage 0, +t it. If it aint, +t it anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxman51 View Post
easiest way to run 11's is to build a 9 second car and turn it down a little.
My Project (It's a 1979 244DL...sort of.)
K-Jet to Megasquirt Article

The Departed: 1981 245, 1983 245 Turbo, 1983 244 Turbo, 1983 242 Turbo, 1984 244, 1985 245 Turbo, 1989 244, 1989 765, 1990 245 Turbo, 1991 244, 1992 245, 1997 855
propav8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 06:39 PM   #153
Mbeas96
Board Member
 
Mbeas96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Charleston
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by propav8r View Post
. There's even a straight section in there for y'all to dick around on.
.
You make me wanna get my big intercooler before the trip!
__________________
1990 745 remanned b230ft w/ h-beam rods 16t aw71 ~10k
Completely stock 1999 Jeep Cherokee 274k

My build thread: http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=340910
Mbeas96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 07:18 PM   #154
Manbeard
#helpbrock2k16
 
Manbeard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: APEX, NORTH CAROLINANANANA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by propav8r View Post
There's even a straight section in there for y'all to dick around on.
Wait I thought this trip was purely for homoerotic activities.
__________________
2006 S80 2.5T
2000 Jurassic park xj
Manbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 08:33 PM   #155
Wren
Porkchop Sandwiches
 
Wren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Athens, GA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by propav8r View Post
If you have a charcoal chimney, bring that. That's all I can think of atm.
I've already got one packed.
Wren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 12:52 AM   #156
propav8r
F*ck Edgar
 
propav8r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Franklin, NC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wren View Post
I've already got one packed.
Me too, but we're probably gonna go through 100 lbs of charcoal. The more the merrier.
propav8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 08:44 AM   #157
linuxman51
BRANDSCHUTZVORSCHRIFTEN!
 
linuxman51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: mont, AL
Default

I'll try and remember to bring the torch. it'll get the chimneys going lickiter splitty
__________________
"They bum rushed them in their own crib, they drank all their beer, they partied with their ladies and they left with the trophy"

Now with in-house Dyno tuning!

Megasquirt Tuning!
Plug and play LH 2.4 Megasquirt, now with stealth mode!
linuxman51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 12:26 AM   #158
propav8r
F*ck Edgar
 
propav8r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Franklin, NC
Default

Sorta off topic, but this post has been requested from on high.

Hey y'all: my main request is PLEASE DON'T FEED MY KID

Not only will she not leave you alone if you give her food, she's also allergic to A LOT of stuff. The big thing is eggs. They can make her die. Please don't make my kid die. I kinda like her.

Seriously, even cross-contamination from cooking is bad news bears.

So please, don't feed the kid, no matter how cute she looks holding out her hand.
propav8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 04:05 AM   #159
bradjenkins
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Default

Good to know. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxman51 View Post
I'll try and remember to bring the torch. it'll get the chimneys going lickiter splitty
bradjenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 05:16 PM   #160
soclosenotnear
Board Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: summerville, south carolina
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by propav8r View Post
Sorta off topic, but this post has been requested from on high.

Hey y'all: my main request is PLEASE DON'T FEED MY KID

Not only will she not leave you alone if you give her food, she's also allergic to A LOT of stuff. The big thing is eggs. They can make her die. Please don't make my kid die. I kinda like her.

Seriously, even cross-contamination from cooking is bad news bears.

So please, don't feed the kid, no matter how cute she looks holding out her hand.
Should go without saying but worth saying anyways. I'd be concerned if someone tried to feed my kid regardless of allergies. My old lady looked at me like I was crazy reading that to her.
soclosenotnear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 08:29 PM   #161
kyote
Ridin' High & Sittin' Low
 
kyote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: La Porte TX
Default

Confirmed I'll be there barring extreme circumstances... probably in my new honda :-/ Life been funny these last few months and I need to be back for certain and don't trust either Volvo, so....

Planning on heading out Thursday afternoon, anyone need anything, Texas stuff?
__________________
-78 242 tic, a kyotefab/willettrun joint
-91 244 Daily, Air Conditioned (For Sale!)
-14 F150 FX4 3.5 EcoBeast (Wife's Ride)
-99 Chevy C2500 Service Truck (For Sale!)
-15 Honda Fit LX (mpgeeeeez)
kyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 09:57 PM   #162
linuxman51
BRANDSCHUTZVORSCHRIFTEN!
 
linuxman51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: mont, AL
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyote View Post
Confirmed I'll be there barring extreme circumstances... probably in my new honda :-/ Life been funny these last few months and I need to be back for certain and don't trust either Volvo, so....

Planning on heading out Thursday afternoon, anyone need anything, Texas stuff?
my wife would say tortillas from the alamo cafe, but what she doesn't know......
linuxman51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 04:02 AM   #163
bradjenkins
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Default

OMG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by propav8r View Post
Wren would know...he fell out of a boat at 2k16
bradjenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:33 PM   #164
propav8r
F*ck Edgar
 
propav8r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Franklin, NC
Default

As last year, if you're sleeping in a bed, please bring your own linens/sleeping bag if possible. They're all twin beds.

If you don't have twin sheets, don't run out and buy them or anything. But if you do use the linens at the lodge, just be aware they have to be washed, dried, and folded before we leave.
propav8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:48 PM   #165
amargill19?
Barry McCockiner
 
amargill19?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: 604
Default

looks like my idea of flying in and using turo to rent a fancy car ain't happening.
please enjoy TIAB and copious amounts of beer on my behalf

edit: have you seen American Vandal season 2?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Wood View Post
Now, two years later, after a move to Oklahoma, a job in a potato salad plant, and many other assorted ventures, I have plans to visit Paraguay.

Last edited by amargill19?; Yesterday at 03:56 PM..
amargill19? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:25 PM   #166
propav8r
F*ck Edgar
 
propav8r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Franklin, NC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amargill19? View Post
looks like my idea of flying in and using turo to rent a fancy car ain't happening.
please enjoy TIAB and copious amounts of beer on my behalf

edit: have you seen American Vandal season 2?
Thanks dude, and also, no.
propav8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:35 PM   #167
amargill19?
Barry McCockiner
 
amargill19?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: 604
Default

amargill19? is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:10 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.