• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

HOtt 9xx/S90 car pics

Here is mine. Not as nice as most the cars in this thread.

CRW_2357_8_9_tonemapped.jpg

Nice wheels, They are?

Nu uh!, defo the 9's are hottest...

Opinion of course. I don't like the raised trunk/boot line on 944's. It softens their lines too much IMHO. :)

However, with the right spoiler on the back (like the ones from 850's) they're still hot! ;-)

It is apparent that a lot of the bumpers on these cars from Sweden have been modified by joining pieces together. Does anyone know how that is done? I'm assuming some kind of plastic welding?

It is apparent that a lot of the bumpers on these cars from Sweden have been modified by joining pieces together. Does anyone know how that is done? I'm assuming some kind of plastic welding?

ive seen people join two pieces with small sections of metal riveted to both pieces, then a body filler or fiberglass over that to smooth it out.

There's everything from rivets, glue, plastic welding etc... Personaly I temporarily joined the pieces together with plastic welding (i.e. melted them together with a soldering iron) then took a copy of the result and made a new one out of fibreglass...

01032010089.jpg

11052010131.jpg

27052010145.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks. But why not just use the bumper you joined together? Isn't the plastic better than the fiberglass?

As I'd only plastic welded it I wasn't confident to use it as a permenant item, that and the fact that as I pulled it out the mould it spllit again...

Ok, Thanks. Just curious. Where in the UK are you from? I'm originally from there. Are there many modified volvos over there? The only one I knew of was BIG Pete's before it was wrecked...Bye the way what did you do to the back bumper?

Ok, Thanks. Just curious. Where in the UK are you from? I'm originally from there. Are there many modified volvos over there? The only one I knew of was BIG Pete's before it was wrecked...Bye the way what did you do to the back bumper?

I'm from lancashire, yeah there are a fair few modded volvox now. Back bumper hasn't been touched yet but itll also be getting a v70 lower half.

Thanks Tomcat. Yorkshire myself. That fiberglass bumper looks good. If you are going to all the trouble of making it out of glass do you also sell them as a kit?
Also, do you know, if is it better to use the lower half of a V70 rear bumper on a wagon in lieu of a S70/S90????

Back