• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Relocating oil cooler

snafu

I am planning on relocating my oil cooler because it is in the way of my new intercooler piping. My question is can I mount it horizontally with the oil lines facing upward or does it have to stay vertical? Any help would be great. Thanks!

snafu said:
I am planning on relocating my oil cooler because it is in the way of my new intercooler piping. My question is can I mount it horizontally with the oil lines facing upward or does it have to stay vertical? Any help would be great. Thanks!

It is best in an airstream, but with a fan behind it almost anything is ok. Keep in mind that you want one or both lines on the bottom for draining/cleaning out cooler, otherwise it must com out to drain/clean.

I suggest going larger, the B&M supercooler is large and @ about $50.us not a bad deal. You need to adapt it to your lines because it has NTP1/2 fittings. I just go to the nearest Areoquip dealer and have new lines made so I know it is all up to the task. B&M also has a supercooler with a fan but at around $220. us a pop buying the lines is a better deal.

Back