• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

"R" brakes all around..will that make any sense?

MP 245

Hi

I have a question concernig the "R" brake conversion....

1. Will it make any sense to put R brakes all around?

2. Are there any sources where I can purchase the adaptor for the brake caliper, or is this an individual custom made piece of work?

3. What about the brake lines...is this just a bolt in the old ones or must I rewire the car completely.

Thanks for any input

cu

Mirko

i have heard that putting R-brakes in the rear would be much more complicated due to the E-brake. i would also assume that enless your doing some heavy duty racing the rears will be unessisary.

there is someone on the board who makes adapters for the front calipers, but there isn't an adapotor for the rear avilable.

Actually, the rear S60R discs will work perfectly with a 850 rear brake setup. CJ (who makes the conversion for the rear of a S60R) thinks they'll work with a 240 w/out issue as well. So, its just a matter of adapter brackets and your good to go.

Now, personally, if you run rear R calipers, looking to something like a Tilton dual master cylidner setup.

thanks a lot...it?s for now only a project in my mind but perhaps some day I?ll come around with it.

cu

Mirko

Back