• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Pdx dl

Stockton Wheel

shop.jpg

Ya Willamette wheel is closed up now iirc.

Seems like a lot of to-do to solve a minor inconvenience.

Just drop it out the back along the down pipe and catch it with the other hand?

Further thoughts...

In reading these threads, it seems that red block oil temps seldom get high enough to open the thermostat during normal driving. Five quarts brought mine to full on the dip stick. If A) the cooler is empty, the oil level will drop the first time the thermostat opens (next July)? B) the cooler is full, the three year old oil will mix with the fresh oil. Either way is ok. Just thinking out loud.

Is there a convenient way to purge the cooler?

Further thoughts...

In reading these threads, it seems that red block oil temps seldom get high enough to open the thermostat during normal driving. Five quarts brought mine to full on the dip stick. If A) the cooler is empty, the oil level will drop the first time the thermostat opens (next July)? B) the cooler is full, the three year old oil will mix with the fresh oil. Either way is ok. Just thinking out loud.

Is there a convenient way to purge the cooler?

The oil cooler should drain back down thru the return with no oil pressure.

The early 75? thermostat opens after ~10 miles on the freeway, dunno about the 95? one never ran one of those.

240TurboOilCoolerKit11_zpsec52d5b6.jpg

Those relocation things have thermostats in them? Never knew that.

Oh, and for what it's worth Carl, I've got the relocation one that extends the filter farther back by the DP, changes are easier than they were on an NA car.

Groovy. I laid on my head with a spotting mirror a mine is a 75*.

The drain back thing is interesting. Seems like it may delay oil pressure on start up. A bit.

Big day.

Drove her tonight. Very happy. This B21FT is quieter and smoother than the B230 ever was. And it hauls butt. More or less.

So. The squeak in the rear suspension is gone. The clutch adjustment is at +/- 50% instead of 95%. And.... With my mirror and flash light, near a hot turbo, the drain oil leak is gone!! So happy. The car is running great. I'm optimistic about the big drive to SF in a few weeks.

Last edited:
939FE824-56F0-47BC-8CBE-B9E7B861CA61-M.jpg

50C4729E-8B55-4D21-9D3C-496B767BD6D6-M.jpg

Yoshifab rocks.

Here's my story: I swapped a dished flywheel for a flat flywheel (because RaceCar!). Used the "open" type clutch fork and found that the clutch adjustment was all the way out on a new LUK clutch. I ordered a Yoshi "Redblock throwout bearing upgrade" and it didn't fit on my "peg" clutch fork. I emailed Josh on a Sunday. Not only did he respond, but we had a back and forth correspondence. He was great. A week later I had a custom-fit part in my hands that put the clutch adjustment at 50%. I was blown away by his responsiveness and follow through. Customer for life.

Back