• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Adding circuits to factory fusebox

bmos

Does anyone know the part number for an electrical terminal I can use to add a circuit to the factory fuse box? Would one of these work?

If you need to add something low power like a couple of amps current draw. There are fuse box taps so you can add another fused circuit to an ATC type fuse receptacle. The major auto parts stores have them. Something higher power you want to add a fused circuit from the battery.

Last edited:
If you need to add something low power like a couple of amps current draw. There are fuse box taps so you can add another fused circuit to an ATC type fuse receptacle. The major auto parts stores have them. Something higher power you want to add a fused circuit from the battery.
3amp boost controller, dashcam, and radar detector.
In my other cars I've just installed an additional fuse in the factory fusebox, they have tons of overhead in their feed wires to accommodate all possible options.
http://www.my-gti.com/601/addition-...olf-jetta-passat-eos-scirocco-rabbit-fuse-box

I am currently using an add a fuse in my volvo but it's a little loose in the receptacle and sometimes needs to be unplugged/plugged back in.

Well there should be an accessory fuse or radio fuse in the stock Volvo fuse box that can handle those items. If you look under the fuse box there should be regular spade terminals you can connect to.

Well there should be an accessory fuse or radio fuse in the stock Volvo fuse box that can handle those items. If you look under the fuse box there should be regular spade terminals you can connect to.
I'll give that a try before diving inside, taking apart plastic components of this age is risky business. Thanks.

Looks like the fuse box has no open slots so my question is irrelevant.
Back to an add-a-fuse but now triggering a relay to up the available amps.

Back