• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Homer's 1990 240 redblock exorcism

Look it's me updating about boring ****!
Sent the rotating assembly off for balancing.
Got the ebrake shoes on, well just one side.
The passenger side expander got wedged in between the hub and axle retainer, ripped the end off the cable and mangled the expander. Note to self, don't move car around with no ebrake shoes and the parking brake down.
Drivers side was fine because I had the ebrake up. It's amazing to have a working ebrake again!

After some research, I decided to ditch the boost control solenoid that came with the turbo.
The port needed plugging.
Drilled out the atm vent (#25) and tapped it with a 10-24 tap. Applied green loctite and put in a set screw till it bottomed out.
DSC_0043.jpg

Top left-atm vent, top right-to wg actuator and center is the reference port.
DSC_0048.jpg

The big hole will get plugged (when it shows up) with an M22x1.5 oil drain plug using the o-ring that came on the solenoid.
Plug, 2$ at advance auto PN 65223.
http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframecatalog.php?catalog=42&partnum=090055&a=FR42-090055-498793

Last edited:
Huzzah! Fedex showed up. Turbo internals are back.
Rockauto is awesome. 40$ for the 240 Clutch MC on closeout. 35$ for the slave cyl on closeout. All brand new parts, no reman stuff.
Picture%20001.jpg

Picture%20002.jpg

Picture%20003.jpg

Still can't find the damn starter bracket. This is lame.
If need be I can make one.

Last edited:
DSC_0056.jpg

DSC_0071.jpg

Intake side is missing one mounting boss.
DSC_0060.jpg

Exhaust side is missing two.
DSC_0059.jpg

NBD.
I'll wait till I have the mockup block till I start tearing this one down for a refresh.

Back