• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

AQ130 (B20) rebuild for a 122

What do you mean by fender exit downpipe?

Edit* nevermind. That would look awesome. Really loud though. Civic drivers would love it haha.

Last edited:
I'd say that a 390 would be adequate. Boost levels somewhere around 7-10 psi, a little water meth for hot days. Since the carb mount/intake flange can be separated from the turbo, getting a little creative with piping I think it should be doable and fit under the hood of a 122 or 140 without body modification. I think you should start mocking it up and see what would work. Make a mock up adapter out of plywood or something and see how it all fits.

Great idea! I have that spare boat b20 in the garage I would use for the build. So I can mock it up on that. This will likely be a winter project.

What I did was took measurements of the engine bay, like fender to motor>motor to radiator>motor to firewall, and mocked up my turbo stuff on a spare block using random things to simulate the obstructions. It came out pretty close. And If you have a 4>2 exhaust manifold and the 2>1 downpipe, you can cut the flange off the downpipe and using schedule 40 black steel pipe make a J pipe. The schedule 40 is thick enough to hold quite a bit of weight and handle the heat.

I have a 4-2 manifold I bought last year actually. I can def use it for mock up.
What kind of fpr should I be looking at?

I have a 4-2 manifold I bought last year actually. I can def use it for mock up.
What kind of fpr should I be looking at?
Since your carb is pre-turbo and not pressurized, you really just need to worry about what the carb you end up with wants. I think most holley's are like 4-7 psi, so your in block mechanical pump and a carb pressure regulator will do just fine.

So the question is whether I should run a Holley 390cfm 4-barrel or a 32/36 Webber. I may have a lead on the adapter for that as well. While it may be easier to run the Webber I feel like the Holley would be a lot more fun and could provide a little more fuel when needed.

A 32/36 isn't going to bolt on that manifold without an adapter, the Holley bolts right on. The weber also won't provide a whole lot of overhead in the fuel department even on a stock motor, the Holley might. I'd go with the Holley.

Well I may have a lead on the Webber plenum/butterfly for that accel setup. Waiting to hear back.
However, I agree with you. I think the Holley will be a better carb for this application.

Currently hunting a cheap Webber intake.

Pulled a few measurements. The carb base plate and water meth injection plate are already 6" tall when combined. I still need the 2-4 barrel adapter plate (1"), carb (3-4") and air filter (2-4"). So I'll need around a foot of clearance from the tom of the Dgv intake to the hood.

Pulled a few measurements. The carb base plate and water meth injection plate are already 6" tall when combined. I still need the 2-4 barrel adapter plate (1"), carb (3-4") and air filter (2-4"). So I'll need around a foot of clearance from the tom of the Dgv intake to the hood.

Well that doesnt seem like it will fit either a 140 or 122 without cutting a whole in the hood... But you can still cut away the piece that goes from the carb to the turbo, then just using standard IC piping run it into the manifold.
100053725036828os7.jpg

weber+turbo%3D450hp.jpg

I agree. But for some reason I'm kinda attached to the nostalgia of the accel kit. I think a 142 with a chrome ram air scoop coming out of the hood offset to the passenger side could look awesome!

I agree. But for some reason I'm kinda attached to the nostalgia of the accel kit. I think a 142 with a chrome ram air scoop coming out of the hood offset to the passenger side could look awesome!

I think the lines of a 142 would take to a scoop better than a 122. I say go for it if thats what you want to do. I kinda like crazy ideas.
1389785401.jpg

I like the hood cutout location in that pic. I'm thinking a ram air style scoop/filter like this would look awesome as long as I didn't get too crazy with it.

Or

On the hunt for a Hansen Racing Holley compatible b20 intake. That would eliminate the adapter and likely provide much better flow.

Still wish this would fit in the 122.

I suppose I could buy a junk hood and expierement with an offset scoop on the Amazon.

Last edited:
Time to resurrect this thread. Winter approaches and it's got my gears going on this project again.

Some things I need to determine:
1) How much boost can a stockish b20 handle?
2) How much boost can this setup produce? Do I need to upgrade the compressor?
3) What car should it go in?
4) What transmission and rear end?

Summary of the goals:
1) Quick (0-60 in <6 seconds)
2) Unique (something new/weird)
3) Fun
4) Cheap (it can be ugly, but must be functional)
5) Awesome turbo noises!!! Haha

Picked up another weird part that was associated with this kit today. (Got it from the guy I purchased the kit from) Some sort of a Webber adapter???

Back