• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Replacement seat covers 1985 wagon

305wagon

Hi all. Just purchased my first Volvo TODAY; big day. So, Like many others, drivers seat is worn out and needs replacing; blue leather I presume. All seat cover replacements say they fit 240?s from 86? to 93?. Does this mean that the 85? is a different seat?? Any help/input would be greatly appreciated!​

I seriously doubt that the newer covers 86+ do not fit the 85 models. All of the newer covers do not have any holes stamped in them. So even if the seat changed just slightly I can't see how the cover would not fit. Are the seat backs taller? I don't know for sure but I'm sure you make the cover work. The seat bottoms are all the same.

First let me say that I live in rural Georgia so the cost of living and restoring old cars may be different from your area.

My '82 245 has the passenger seat that needs the cover replaced due to being parked for a number of years with that seat exposed to the most sunlight. My research into someone to create a real leather replacement turned up two local folks that said that they would be happy to do it for $100. That is based on my stripping the skin off the foam and reinstalling it and is only for the seat.

Beyond fixing what is obviously terminally broke the remainder of the upholstery can be effectively cleaned and refinished with some great products available now.

20140922_173323.jpg

20140922_173343.jpg

I recently purchased the set from Swedish Car Parts, also sold on Ebay, about $200 for both front seats. They are vinyl and look nice. I have a 79 and they didn't fit the seats well so I used a set of newer seats that I had. The seat fit nice but the backs were loose across the top on the old set.

Back