• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Merry MadMaxMas!

Group A

240 Ninja
What's xmas w/o snow?!?

Decided to drive up to the mountains and explore some snowy fire roads in Mad Max. I really love the snow, it's beautiful up there.

Wish I was better at taking pics and had a better camera... guess I know what to ask for next xmas. :-P

Merry Christmas everyone!

madmaxmas03.jpg

madmaxmas11.jpg

madmaxmas25.jpg

madmaxmas47.jpg

All of the pics I took are here: http://www.tuff240.com/images/madmax/

Gah, that car looks so freaking sweet.

edit: I know i've asked you this before but where'd you grab the front bush bar from? Same with the roof rack.

Most small SUV's brush guards will work, you just have to modify them a little. This one was from an Isuzu Trooper. My last one was from a 90 4runner.

Roof rack is just made from exhaust tubing.

Awesome just awesome. I will build something just like that eventually. Probably a diesel wagon though, and maybe a little higher. But it will be a total knockoff of yours. What tires are you running? I was looking at some BFG all terrains truck tires that i thought would look beastly on o 245. http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=All-Terrain+T/A+KO the smallest size they come in would work good i think.

235/75-15 Yokohama Geolander A/T's. They are just over 29" tall.
I bought them off craigslist in almost new condition for $100 for the set.

Just barely aggressive enough looking for what I wanted, but I'm kinda glad I didn't get some burly mud tread because that would just be one more noise to listen to. (Hearing the turbo spooling through the exhaust over the roof is quite weird.)

Lifting it another 2-4" inches is in it's future. I have everything for the rear and most everything for the front.

The Only Issue i see with your Beautiful machine is the fact there is no wench In the front.. Or the rear... But other then that. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!looks fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit Winch.

Dyslexia.. I just lol'd

Last edited:
Oh so you are gonna lift it. What are the plans for the front? Just taller springs or will you be doing some kind of spacer? the rear seems like it would be simple, just some truck shocks and taller springs, as long as there weren't any driveshaft issues. I'm definitely looking forward to any progress on this, it will help me plan mine out and benchrace some ideas since im poor.

I'd love to have a winch (or a wench for that matter), just haven't stumbled across one cheap enough at the right time yet.

Rear will be taller aftermarket springs, RSI's rear adjustable perches and a pr of suburban rear Bilsteins.
Front will take some considerable more work. Plan is to extend the strut housing and install a spacer in the bottom of the strut tube since this is mostly just a cosmetic thing. If I had aspirations to race it, that probably wouldn't suffice. I haven't decided if I will leave the stock springs and spring perch in it or do coil-overs yet. I will also relocate the balljoint farther out and I have yet to think about the tie rods.

Back