home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > Mechanical > maintenance & nonperformance

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2019, 03:40 PM   #1
Wesdunns70t5m
Board Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Jacksonville, NC
Default Rear windshield trim removal

Hey there all, so the car in question is a 1990 760 sedan...

This morning I bought rear windshield louvers for the car off eBay, and am very excited to get it installed once it arrives! In the description of the item, it claims to install underneath the existing trim. Of course Iíll add some double sided tape for security, but I was curious as to how do I remove the trim around the rear windshield? Is it as simple as sliding the trim piece in towards the center of the glass? Iíve had bad luck removing trim from these old boxes before, so I just want to get a head start before I even get the item. Thanks in advanced!
Wesdunns70t5m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 03:44 PM   #2
Redwood Chair
K-jet For Life
 
Redwood Chair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: - Stock PSI Or Bust -
Default

You're doomed!
__________________
Raise The Lowered


Image hosted by servimg.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiperfauto View Post
Folks on here don't know a good deal when they see it.
how psi stock cna support?

Redwood Chair is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 04:32 PM   #3
Wesdunns70t5m
Board Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Jacksonville, NC
Default

Aren’t all of us who own a rwd volvo?
Wesdunns70t5m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 04:51 PM   #4
DD Ranch
Board Member
 
DD Ranch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Tampa Bay, FL
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesdunns70t5m View Post
Hey there all, so the car in question is a 1990 760 sedan...

This morning I bought rear windshield louvers for the car off eBay, and am very excited to get it installed once it arrives! In the description of the item, it claims to install underneath the existing trim. Of course Iíll add some double sided tape for security, but I was curious as to how do I remove the trim around the rear windshield? Is it as simple as sliding the trim piece in towards the center of the glass? Iíve had bad luck removing trim from these old boxes before, so I just want to get a head start before I even get the item. Thanks in advanced!
The louvres I had on my 142 had tabs that slid underneath the rubber seal and hence the trim. Therefore no need to remove it.

Perhaps that is what is meant?
__________________
Florida Chapter VCOA
DD Ranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 04:57 PM   #5
2manyturbos
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Monroe, OR USA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD Ranch View Post
The louvres I had on my 142 had tabs that slid underneath the rubber seal and hence the trim. Therefore no need to remove it.

Perhaps that is what is meant?
The 740/760 has aluminum trim that fits tight against the body shell and the glass. I have no idea how these louvers would be attached.
2manyturbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 05:01 PM   #6
DD Ranch
Board Member
 
DD Ranch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Tampa Bay, FL
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2manyturbos View Post
The 740/760 has aluminum trim that fits tight against the body shell and the glass. I have no idea how these louvers would be attached.
Well! You learn something every day!
DD Ranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 05:41 PM   #7
Redwood Chair
K-jet For Life
 
Redwood Chair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: - Stock PSI Or Bust -
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2manyturbos View Post
The 740/760 has aluminum trim that fits tight against the body shell and the glass. I have no idea how these louvers would be attached.


He's doomed!
Redwood Chair is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 07:32 PM   #8
Wesdunns70t5m
Board Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Jacksonville, NC
Default

Thanks for the input all. Hopefully it will just slide under the trim without any trim removal. If that doesn’t work out (which redwood doesn’t make it sound like it will), I’ll just sand it down so it butts up to the trim and double side tape it. I’m not against rigging something, but will try not to when I can
Wesdunns70t5m is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:28 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.