• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

G-Tech

I've never used a G-tech, but I don't believe that it is really accurate, however it should be consistant if you use correct specs for your car. Make many runs and take an average. For example, if you do 10 runs and average 14.8 in the quarter mile, but you go to the strip and only run 15.2, then you might be disappointed in your purchase. But if you make those 10 runs, then install a cam and run another 10 times and get an average of 14.6 on the G-tech, then you've got a good idea what was gained, even though the times aren't always accurate.

I think it's a good tool for testing modifications, especially if you have a slow car and don't want to drive a long way to a drag strip (like me :wink: ).

G-tech said i di 15.6 and 7.1 0-60mph and at the track i was at that time doing 15.5's...so its not that bad, at least for me.

I dunno about you, but I get much better traction on the street (where you'd be using the G-tech) than at the track. It would be difficult for me to make any comparison between the 2.

I believe that the G-tech is pretty accurate, because the physics are simple. And a mustang guy that I knew said that they were fairly accurate, and he had a lot of experience with different timing systems.

I think that the key to getting good readings out of a G-tech is in mounting. Not only does it have to be straight and level, but it also has to be firmly attached. The bracket that it comes with does not do this. I bought a suction cup bracket from Radio Shack that holds the G-tech very solidly to the windshield. Now all I have to do is try it out!

Greg

I believe most differences in gtech vs track 1/4 mile times and speeds are due to the way the gtech meter records these measurements. It is however fairly accurate.

Back