• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

7 series pedals

George740

wondering...
is the pedal essembly on a 7 series the same
in every year for a manual?
is there anything different?
mines a 90 but i see more 80's 700s manual
there was no change right?

let me know.
thanks

I put the manual pedals from an 88 740 in my 95 940 for my T5 swap. All the pedal boxes I saw for the 700's at the JY were the same. They all had hydraulic clutches as well. I don't know if any of the 700's came with a cable clutch, if so the pedal would be different at the connectieng end.

Ed

I have a 700 series cable clutch pedal setup. It came off a 700 diesel. I also saw a cable clutch on petrol car though. I did notice a differences in pedals. There are metal and plastic versions.

so... let me get this straight, the exhaust, specifically the tubing that directs hot stuff outta your engine into mother natures tear ducts - is Japanese Domestic Market built?

wtf.

The non turbo 740's were cable The Turbo 740's were hydraulic through 1989-starting in 1990 the non turbo 740 got the M47,and both N/A & Turbo cars had hydraulic clutches iirc.

Last edited:
Damn I was hoping this thread was about 740 pedal modification (to make the pedals more ergonomic for performance driving). Anyone make any changes to their pedals? I've been meaning to do some experimentation... always thought heel/toe was kinda tough in the cars...

James

I used an adjustable clutch master cylinder pushrod from a Toyota to get the clutch pedal closer to the floor- I would think you could do the same with the brake pedal- a little more work involved since I don't believe the brake booster pushrod is removable

Back