• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Really Cheap Mods for 1982 244 GL B21f

CoconutColin

What are some cheap mods i can do to my engine, I have a cone filter and I blocked off my EGR.

Tell me somethings I can do to the car that will make it faster!

I like the fact that my cars alot faster then it used to be now.

Define "cheap"...and search the archives for NA performance threads. You've already done the 2 of the cheapest mods I can think of. Can you get 130-140 honest ponies? Sure, but not cheap.

Don't forget, ditching useless weight from the car improves acceleration, braking, and cornering, and costs nothing but your time. Sorry my friend, but bondo and amps get heavy - hafta make some compromises between style/comfort and performance.

is cold air induction what you meant by cone filter? also get some great plugs and some magnacore wires... 93 oct gas. These are all really really cheap... A little more pricey would include vx cam and adjustable cam gear with an advance or retard depending on wether you want more top or bottom end power. (for volvo owner, we need more bottom end cause volvos bottom end sux)

gotta go wish i could stay

K cam maybe. NA power is hard and expensive to come buy. You could start loosing some weight, I have a couple ideas how..... Do a search for "300 na hp for less 150 bucks".

Cut the hosa from the Turbo to the wastegate.
hehe
400psi!
At least.

Only kidding.

If you're crafty you can replace the exhaust yourself, or put in a new muffler at least.

Then a new cam, which I want to try.

Ok folks, what's this K cam I keep hearing about, how's it change my power and torque curve, and where do I find one and for how much?

If it's 50 bucks or less and won't turn my car into an undrivable hog (don't worry it's already close with a dying clutch and leaking gas tank :eek: ) as right now it's a beautiful 5-speed just lacking power.

I'd still like to be able to go 65 at 3K, but I can make sacrifices.

_z

Colin,

Your car really has a B21F? A Canadian market '81 GL should have the B23E complete with 405 head and K cam... Is your car from the US?

put stickers on it...that should give you at leass 50 more HP..... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

But really, there isn't any cheap mods for NA cars that you haven't done already.

Andrew

Well you could go to your local pick your part and see if they have any turbo's there. Not all that cheap but not crazy expensive. Probly too much work though.

its a 80 canadian market.. HOWEVER i do have a b21e because we stripped a 81 before the engine is somewhere in our collcection of engines and transmissions..

is that engine better?

Okay.. CHEAP mods mean 100$ or less a mod.. its auto transmission HELP

The B21E does not have a K cam. It used a D cam, and I dont think it ever came to North America. It's probably a B23E.

My advice would be to sell that automatic piece of craptastic car after taking out all the mods you put in and buy up a manual ANYTHING and do it to it.

My god this was a dumb post it just irks me so much that anyone would mod an auto (that wasn't an older piece of detroit muscle w/ a 350 or higher).

_z

Swapping from auto to manual ain't bad, and it's worth it. Ask Dale (245GTi) for his article written when we did his car. HE seems to think it was way too difficult to repeat (or reverse)...

okay im going auto I HATE stick!!!!! not a crusing car.. this is a crusier looking for engine mods that are cheap that will get me hp

CoconutColin said:
okay im going auto I HATE stick!!!!! not a crusing car.. this is a crusier looking for engine mods that are cheap that will get me hp

Whats wrong with a stick? Youve got one in your profile. :rofl:

I think you should flog what you want, especially if it's paid for.
I like a manual trans, but would autocross an automatic turbo car.
To each their own.
Colin, lighter is better, so use as little bondo as possible, read the forums on torque cams (A, B, V, whatever is cheap), tune that thang, and enjoy. It doesn't need to be a rocket.
But I did hear that red furry dashes are faster than blue.

Back