• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

All 4 Power Windows Stopped Working

MrKrabs

Hey guys,

As the title says, all of the windows in my 940 stopped working whilst trying to raise both back ones at the same time. It was struggling already, as if the motors where lacking power to bring them up quickly.

Checked all fuses and none are fried, and the power mirrors still work and all the other buttons on the other doors don't do anything either; so it's not the control panel on the drivers side that is fried.

Any ideas? I'm thinking a relay could've broke under the effort the rear window motor's seamed to be producing.

Did you visually inspect the fuses, or did you check them with a meter/swap them around? I've had fuses fail that look fine, but are actually bad.

The power window relay is a standard relay. It can be swapped with something else in the fuse box to rule it out.

If you have confirmed that fuse #8 (30 amp) is good, your problem may be in the power window relay.
This is a small cube relay and is located directly behind the fuses on the fuse panel. (Behind the ash tray).
It is on the front row and is the first relay on the left side.

You may have fried this relay.

Open it up and look at the insides.

I've found that thoroughly cleaning the windows, inside and out, with window cleaner and then applying "Rain X" to both sides of the glass will help the windows slide up and down much easier.
This will take a lot of the (electrical) load off the window lift motor(s), and the relay.

Hope this helps

If you have confirmed that fuse #8 (30 amp) is good, your problem may be in the power window relay.
This is a small cube relay and is located directly behind the fuses on the fuse panel. (Behind the ash tray).
It is on the front row and is the first relay on the left side.

You may have fried this relay.

Open it up and look at the insides.

I've found that thoroughly cleaning the windows, inside and out, with window cleaner and then applying "Rain X" to both sides of the glass will help the windows slide up and down much easier.
This will take a lot of the (electrical) load off the window lift motor(s), and the relay.

Hope this helps

Yep, you where spot on. The relay you described is fried. Getting a new one, and will clean my windows thoroughly to take some load of the windows motors.
Cheers guys!

Back