• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

nice rack!

boosted12a

weapon of mass detonation
ok, need a new rack in the 87 780. are ther any differences in the ratios of the 7XX racks? there dosent seem to be a difference from 6/4 cyl. any sugestions??

yea, i remember all that from that one thread, but i couldnt find it. this is the dd, not looking for any extra stuff

ps or no ps, i think the ps rack is quicker than the non ps, other than that i don't think there are any other diff ratios

I remember the ZF rack having a tag that clearly says 'ZF' on it.
Dunno otherwise for a 700. I can easily pick out Cam VS ZF vs (that other one that I can't remember oh that's right....... senior moments before 40.......grrrrrrrrr) TRW in a 240.
See if you can sweet-talk John VanLandingham into getting quick guts to put into your junk and do that. You will thank me for it for years to come. Uh.......Group buy John?

Edited for content and clarity. Getting older faster every year.

Really late 740's (or maybe just 940's) got a rack very similar to the TRW that made in Japan. Can't remember the manufacturer now... I'm worse than John and only 25. :rofl:

It's one of the major Jap parts makers though (not Denso I don't think, but similar).

EDIT: It's Koyo I think.

It doesn't matter which you get if you get the intermediate steering shaft (the one outside the firewall) that goes with it. There is a visual difference in the mounting bolt bosses, but I forget what it is, and which rack I put in...Also there is a body tag that tells which the car came with (20 years later, who knows). Info is on the brickboard FAQ.

Back