• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Bought another 740!!

poulrais

1990 744 NA automatic... California car so NO rust! This is so freakin rare around here you wouldn't believe it!! 128k miles and tons of maintenance already done on the car. Silver metallic with gray/black interior. Both front quarters are slightly dented but easily repairable. Paid $800 CAD. Here are some pics:

2014%20160_zps32wbdmbr.jpg

IMG_0013_zpsq7lgdvn0.jpg

IMG_0016_zpsgpufsyey.jpg

IMG_0027_zps0cvpckpf.jpg

P8010071_zpsp1zy6k2e.jpg

P8010070_zps2kuqvlox.jpg

P8010068_zpsxaqqgw4h.jpg

Looks like it does not have a sunroof? Now that is rare.. Good find.

Nope... No sunroof! First time I see a 740 without one! :)

One less thing to break or leak!

The car is from California so having no sunroof is pretty weird!

Plans? Looks like a nice little car

I'm thinking about swapping the drivetrain from my B230FT 16V 745 into that one... Are 744 shells stiffer than the 745's?

This car is way more sound body wise than my 745!!

Or I could sell the 745 as is and do a 2JZ swap into that one... After witnessing all the problems RogerDee ran into with his LS swap I don't think I would go that way.

SweetJean's car was for sale for ever... At first he wanted 4500, the 2500, then 1500 then 1k...
Sweet car

Why not do a T5 swap? or s90 tranny + engine with T6 head and single turbo?

2jz is actually the best bang for the buck, specially that there are a **** load of them in mtl...

SweetJean's car was for sale for ever... At first he wanted 4500, the 2500, then 1500 then 1k...
Sweet car

Why not do a T5 swap? or s90 tranny + engine with T6 head and single turbo?

2jz is actually the best bang for the buck, specially that there are a **** load of them in mtl...

I really don't get it that nobody bought the car, even at $2500. First time I see a 1990 740 with a body and chassis as sound as this one!

Only problem is that I wasn't able to register the car today because it is 25 years old and it has to be appraised...

I really don't get it that nobody bought the car, even at $2500. First time I see a 1990 740 with a body and chassis as sound as this one!

Only problem is that I wasn't able to register the car today because it is 25 years old and it has to be appraised...

yeah but then laugh at the cost of the plates!

So you're not letting your kids destroy this one? ;-)
And yes that appraisal for cars over 25 years is a pain in the neck...

So you're not letting your kids destroy this one? ;-)
And yes that appraisal for cars over 25 years is a pain in the neck...

No!! The kids are driving the Subaru Outback!

And if the appraiser comes up with a $2500 value I'm heading right up to the Volvo dealership to sell them the car at that price! Car needs a front brake job, the MAF is dead and the front cam seal is leaking so it's at least a $800 depreciation right there!! ;-)

I'll be posting pictures of the headlining job that the PO did on the car! That alone is worth the price I paid for the car!!! :omg:

Please do, I'm looking at the ideas for doing the headliner in my 744...

That is, if you're serious about the job...or was it staple gun job?

Please do, I'm looking at the ideas for doing the headliner in my 744...

That is, if you're serious about the job...or was it staple gun job?

There you go! Looks like they removed the old headliner and just did a collage with pictures from different magazines!

Back