• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

What size exhaust diameter for N/A 240 with T cam ?

Every NA car I do gets a T-cam and 2.5" stainless exhaust. If just doing a HG, a T cam is still a mandate. I have a shopping list of the components (free flow cat, resonator and muffler) if you want it. The difference in how it runs is very noticeable and 3/4 ask me what I did to it to make it so much 'peppier'.

Add a later AW71L behind it and its even better.

Sure, that would be great, thanks!

Don't waste your money on just a muffler.

As I mentioned above the 240T 2.25" walker stuff is under 2 bills and it all bolts up except possibly where it slips over the 2" stock stuff but you could slot it and clamp it instead of welding and not have to pay any shops.

Oh and my M cam in my 86 245 / M46 car was flat on it's face under 2K but the T in my 82 245GLT pulls back from 1K and doesn't seem like it's ever out of torque.

Maybe the slush box is golden with an M cam?

:lol:

Out of curiosity, isn't the Skandix sport exhaust only 2" piping ? What's the difference between that and just replacing the stock muffler with something more free flowing ? I prefer bigger piping of course, but I'm just wondering.

Dunno look it up, but the skandix & IPD sport exhausts are more scratch than the 240T stuff from Eeuro / FCP, and this is TB home of the broke assed cheapskates is it not?

:oogle:

I mean you're already bitching about having to pay an exhaust shop $20 or $30 to put a car you don't even have yet on a lift and run a bead of weld...

:doh:

Dunno look it up, but the skandix & IPD sport exhausts are more scratch than the 240T stuff from Eeuro / FCP, and this is TB home of the broke assed cheapskates is it not?

:oogle:

I mean you're already bitching about having to pay an exhaust shop $20 or $30 to put a car you don't even have yet on a lift and run a bead of weld...

:doh:

Seriously ? I wasn't bitching, I just wanted to know. I can pay to have it welded on, I'm just weighing my options for the future and trying to budget accordingly.

Sorry didn't mean to offend :oops: but it seemed you were trying to split a penny.

In years gone by the trick was to find a good 240T exhaust for ~$30 in the JY and adapt that, but those cars aren't really around anymore, and if one hits it's generally pretty field ratty and rough.

I went with all new genuine 60 mm 240 Turbo Volvo exhaust from GCP through Tasca and it was [only ?] $257 shipped to my door and the muffler is @ twice the weight of the walker stuff.

It's a little more money but it won't slip over a 2" stock pipe and fit nice and snug, so I recommended the 2.25" stuff since it's going on an NA car, adapts easier, is cheaper and more readily available.

[Read no waiting ~ 2 months for the GCP goose in Sweden to lay the OE 240T 'golden egg']

:e-shrug:

All that said you could get a quote at your friendly local neighborhood exhaust shop, or PM stevE85 who now has a nice little exhaust shop in Benicia and does excellent work.

Last edited:
Sorry didn't mean to offend :oops: but it seemed you were trying to split a penny.

In years gone by the trick was to find a good 240T exhaust for ~$30 in the JY and adapt that, but those cars aren't really around anymore, and if one hits it's generally pretty field ratty and rough.

I went with all new genuine 60 mm 240 Turbo Volvo exhaust from GCP through Tasca and it was [only ?] $257 shipped to my door and the muffler is @ twice the weight of the walker stuff.

It's a little more money but it won't slip over a 2" stock pipe and fit nice and snug, so I recommended the 2.25" stuff since it's going on an NA car, adapts easier, is cheaper and more readily available.

[Read no waiting ~ 2 months for the GCP goose in Sweden to lay the OE 240T 'golden egg']

:e-shrug:

All that said you could get a quote at your friendly local neighborhood exhaust shop, or PM stevE85 who now has a nice little exhaust shop in Benicia and does excellent work.

No worries. Good info, thanks Ken. I've still been on the hunt for a 240 and thought I may have found it but it sold before I could get down to see it. The search continues, lol. :oogle:

Did I mention that a 240 Turbo only has one muffler out back?

Plus the 10% larger tubing going from 2" to 2.25" will have a 56% larger cross sectional area so it should be well worth doing for what it costs.

Yeah, plus it sounds better too. On my last 240, I had 2.25" after the car with no resonators and a Thrush turbo muffler and besides having better breathing to go with the can, I loved the exhaust note.

Back