• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Cosbysweater's 244: ATS Brakes All The Things/Wish It Was A CTS-V

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I ordered a new fuel rail for the car as well. Found alot of rust in mine that I had missed previously. Goldbox should be here tomorrow and I ordered a billet torque converter, apparently after talking to the trans guys the stock converter with the transgo kit will cause a super harsh shift which for those that have ridden in my car can tell you how brutal it is.

Converter is in and all I can say is, I wish I would have done this from the start. The converter made the car alot more responsive and the shifts have mellowed out quite a bit as well

Got the ms3x goldbox installed. Wish I would have just done that from the beginning as well! The cheap man always pays the most in the long run

Converter is in and all I can say is, I wish I would have done this from the start. The converter made the car alot more responsive and the shifts have mellowed out quite a bit as well

How much of pain was it to pull the trans with those engine mounts the lack of space in there? Thinking in the future for a converter change

I'm running a billet circle d converter I believe the spec is 3200-3500, I could be wrong. Also I did the converter swap in about 1.5 hours. Get a super long trans extension and wobble sockets and it's cake. Also when I have removed the engine, I never take the trans out. With the status mounts and a floor jack on the trans it centers itself. I can change these lsx 240 longblocks out in around 4 hours if that

I'm running a billet circle d converter I believe the spec is 3200-3500, I could be wrong. Also I did the converter swap in about 1.5 hours. Get a super long trans extension and wobble sockets and it's cake. Also when I have removed the engine, I never take the trans out. With the status mounts and a floor jack on the trans it centers itself. I can change these lsx 240 longblocks out in around 4 hours if that

Impressive

So impressions on the ms3 goldbox, it's just like driving a stock computer car now, mileage went from single digits up to about 20 on the freeway. I think the next order of business is a gear change on the car and I'll be done for the most part, possibly swap in the nice shiny s369 I have but at this point I want to dial everything in first and see how far this turbo can carry me. It's very drivable now and it has instant boost with the small cam and turbo. I need to re verify timing and get the correct offset so I know exactly where the timing is at but right now it's safe

I have a set of et streets I'll use when the time comes but for right now I like it alot, I built this car basically as a fun cruiser that you can take to the track whenever and do massive burnouts on the street whenever you feel like it

I'll see, I'm really just enjoying the car atm, maybe it will get hooked up, I know from what I read none of the turbo ls guys use it, they just get meat that hooks. We will see, I am getting some fallen azenis tures for the rear and we will see if that helps on the street

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back