• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Boosted on a budget

That color turned out great. Any wheel spoilers??

Nope but here?s some fun facts:
You will either love them or hate them. No in-between.
You will probably never see them on a Volvo and most likely have not yet.
They are not the coolest wheels but I?m hoping to change it up.
You will definitely see why I chose them once they are mounted.

Its going to be sick!

I need a rundown on what all you used.
What gun, what brand paint, how much thinner, how much overlap... I need my 244 to look this nice.

Pic of the day

NowvSwC.jpg

The 84 glass I have doesn’t have a third brake light on it. Not sure why. Its OEM Volvo I’m uncertain why it doesn’t have it. My other small rear glass have the black out area and glued tabs for a light. It’s an 87 rear glass though. I honestly think it looks better without the third brake light on the hatch. I’ll be working on a remedy soon though.

The 84 glass I have doesn?t have a third brake light on it. Not sure why. Its OEM Volvo I?m uncertain why it doesn?t have it. My other small rear glass have the black out area and glued tabs for a light. It?s an 87 rear glass though. I honestly think it looks better without the third brake light on the hatch. I?ll be working on a remedy soon though.

they have drop in bulbs that beep when in reverse

The 84 glass I have doesn?t have a third brake light on it. Not sure why. Its OEM Volvo I?m uncertain why it doesn?t have it. My other small rear glass have the black out area and glued tabs for a light. It?s an 87 rear glass though. I honestly think it looks better without the third brake light on the hatch. I?ll be working on a remedy soon though.

3rd brake lights weren't mandatory until '86

I need a rundown on what all you used.
What gun, what brand paint, how much thinner, how much overlap... I need my 244 to look this nice.

^ This ^

Dude. This is so good. I love painting and body work and this is (judging on pictures alone mind you) the best looking single stage I've seen pretty much ever. Please tell me you used a $9 gun from harbor freight! That would just make my heart sing for all the "must have a $1,000 gun if you want it to look good" people. And as far as your experience with the doors failing to get perfect, with any car that isn't brand new there's fatigue and stretching of the metal that's occurred, without skinning the whole thing in bondo and sanding down over and over. You made the right call. It's not worth it unless you want show-gloss without a single ripple.

Back