• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Lh2.4 no spark

^^^^Yep

It's been years since I did a conversion in a 1984 240 Turbo, but we had to repin or change something with the ignition switch to make sure power was staying to the computers during cranking.

That's why diagnosing power to the computers is a great place to start. It's only 4 or 5 wires to make it run, so it shouldn't be too hard to figure out.

Since there no information about the donor car I'll put this out there. I installed a 1990 B230F with 2.4Lh FI system and all of the related wiring, basically everything from the center console forward in my 1975 242. After hooking it up everything up, encountered a no-start, no spark issue. After consulting a few people, my issue turned out to be Volvo revised the switch at the rear of the ignition assembly in 1990 so I needed to change the one in the 242 to a switch from a 1990 or newer 200/700/900 car. The switches are different colors (dark brown vs rusty red) and after installing the new one, the car started.

Take a look at post #22: http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=324743

This is almost certainly the problem. The switch pin out changed for a 240 sometime in the late 80s. This scenario has happened to literally everyone that has used a LH 2.4 harness in an early 240. I doubt the switch for an early U.K. market 240 was different from an early U.S. market 240.

Hey guys thanks for the replies will try jumping the wire tomorrow. Still no spark , I've been busy with other project's at work.

The lh2.4 loom is brand new and is a 90+ loom the 240 is a an 88' and the engine is from a late 90s 940 auto.

The ignition switch hasn't been changed so will look at the pinning it tomorrow.

I have the blue wires on the lh2.4 loom connected to the fusebox (can't remember off which pin) but gives 12v when cranking. With ezk cranking , I have 2 blue wires 12v , red 12v and a blue/red at 5v ?

UPDATE!

I have a spark , well kind of.

The flywheel was fitted previously and fitted wrong, once fitted correctly I had a spark but it's intermittent possibly due to the battery needing a good charge. Thanks everyone for helping out.

Back